I just went to the GA Aquarium ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D This NYer is planning a trip to Atlanta in the spring just to see the aquarium. Excellent pics. Can't wait to see it in person.

I'm so jealous! I'm sure that the visits will just keep getting better and better as time goes on. Enjoy those passes!

>Jealousy Mode<

I was up there at a friend's in October, and saw the announcment for it the day before I had to come back. Wish they could have opened it 25 days earlier. Might have to borrow my friend's housekey to his property, and make the 6 hour trip up to check it out.

What REALLY sucks is that I live in a beach city, and we don't have an aquarium. :x I have to either drive to Atlanta or to Tampa. Tampa's closer, but actually takes longer to get to because of traffic.

Need to take my cameras and get some good pics for my site.

Albany, Georgia has a river aquarium. I know that is way south Georgia, but it may be west of you. Have you ever been to the one in Charleston SC?

I've been to the Virginia Marine Museum (aka Chesapeake Bay Marine Museum) Awesome shark tank... I think I sat there for a couple hours watching sharks. Used to have Marineland down the road, but went there about 2 years ago and it sucked... They really let that place go, and they practically begged me to buy a season pass... LOL For what... I spent 1/2 hour there saw everything there was, and left. The shark and ray exhibit was closed (wonder if they've ever gotten it re-opened). There's Sea World, but I'm not paying $47. It's mostly a theme park now anyway.

Hey Andy,

On that 29 Gal SW in your sig... What type of lighting are you using??? I had a similar setup on my 39 Gal (same tank as 29 except taller), and couldn't get corals or anemones to live longer than a few months... Went through 3 different PC strips, and 4 different filtration setups before I gave up... The money I spent should have gone to MH instead. Not to mention the cyano that no amount of hermits and snails would even dent. Funny thing was all my readings were always dead on, did my PWCs, etc... Sunk Close to $4,000 into it... Wish I hadn't... I could have had a massive FW with all that $$$ LOL

I have a florescent tube light. It is week but the corals are at the top of the tank and they do ok. They have grown more in the 55 gal at home. It has a brighter florescent.

I guess I just wasn't cut out for reef tanks... I actually tried elevating them closer to the lights with rocks, but that never worked either. I'll just stick with FW... Until I have a place with space for as many tanks as I want that is. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom