Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to atjohns84
I just went to the GA Aquarium ...

I just went to the Georgia Aquarium.

The place is amazing. My girlfriend gave me season passes for Christmas, so I will be back.

Here are some of my pictures:
http://wallbouncer.blogspot.com/

10 Gal Fresh Water - Red Belly Pacu, Pleco, Albino Catfish, Rams Horn Snails

College Tankl-- 29 Gal Saltwater- Skilter Filter, Powerhead, CC, 30 lbs Live Rock, Yellow Tang, 2 Damsels, Tomato Clown, Banded Coral Shrimp, Flame Scallop, Leather Finger Coral, Leather Coral, Purple/Red Mushroom Coral, 2 emerald crabs, Random little anenomes, feather dusters and hermit crabs, Orange Linckia Star, Xenia

Home Tank - 55 gal SW
Old 12-30-2005, 02:57 AM   #2
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Brilliant pics, Andy....can't wait to see more.

www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 12-30-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

This NYer is planning a trip to Atlanta in the spring just to see the aquarium. Excellent pics. Can't wait to see it in person.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
I'm so jealous! I'm sure that the visits will just keep getting better and better as time goes on. Enjoy those passes!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

>Jealousy Mode<

I was up there at a friend's in October, and saw the announcment for it the day before I had to come back. Wish they could have opened it 25 days earlier. Might have to borrow my friend's housekey to his property, and make the 6 hour trip up to check it out.

What REALLY sucks is that I live in a beach city, and we don't have an aquarium. I have to either drive to Atlanta or to Tampa. Tampa's closer, but actually takes longer to get to because of traffic.

Need to take my cameras and get some good pics for my site.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:37 PM   #6

Albany, Georgia has a river aquarium. I know that is way south Georgia, but it may be west of you. Have you ever been to the one in Charleston SC?

College Tankl-- 29 Gal Saltwater- Skilter Filter, Powerhead, CC, 30 lbs Live Rock, Yellow Tang, 2 Damsels, Tomato Clown, Banded Coral Shrimp, Flame Scallop, Leather Finger Coral, Leather Coral, Purple/Red Mushroom Coral, 2 emerald crabs, Random little anenomes, feather dusters and hermit crabs, Orange Linckia Star, Xenia

Home Tank - 55 gal SW
Old 01-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've been to the Virginia Marine Museum (aka Chesapeake Bay Marine Museum) Awesome shark tank... I think I sat there for a couple hours watching sharks. Used to have Marineland down the road, but went there about 2 years ago and it sucked... They really let that place go, and they practically begged me to buy a season pass... LOL For what... I spent 1/2 hour there saw everything there was, and left. The shark and ray exhibit was closed (wonder if they've ever gotten it re-opened). There's Sea World, but I'm not paying $47. It's mostly a theme park now anyway.

Hey Andy,

On that 29 Gal SW in your sig... What type of lighting are you using??? I had a similar setup on my 39 Gal (same tank as 29 except taller), and couldn't get corals or anemones to live longer than a few months... Went through 3 different PC strips, and 4 different filtration setups before I gave up... The money I spent should have gone to MH instead. Not to mention the cyano that no amount of hermits and snails would even dent. Funny thing was all my readings were always dead on, did my PWCs, etc... Sunk Close to $4,000 into it... Wish I hadn't... I could have had a massive FW with all that $$$ LOL
Old 01-03-2006, 11:23 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jrp1588
wow...they can keep whale sharks in captivity? since when? lol
Old 01-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #9

I have a florescent tube light. It is week but the corals are at the top of the tank and they do ok. They have grown more in the 55 gal at home. It has a brighter florescent.

Home Tank - 55 gal SW
Old 01-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

I guess I just wasn't cut out for reef tanks... I actually tried elevating them closer to the lights with rocks, but that never worked either. I'll just stick with FW... Until I have a place with space for as many tanks as I want that is.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com