If you live in the northeast!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So happy they lowered the amount for NYC - even less where I am, but still so panicky if the power goes out in the middle of the night. The only resolution to that is not sleeping.

Does anyone have any tips for that? Middle-of-night prep in case of power outage? Preferably involving sleep?

You people that want to stay in the north are insane. I'm in Kentucky and I cry about the cold every day. I'd love to move to Florida or somewhere consistently warm.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you treeman!
Oh c'mon Nigel, buck up Bart! I love it here and wouldn't trade it for anything. Cold weather means cozy fires and hot chocolate and beating up my neighbors kid in the snow. Spring and fall are awesome too. When it's hot I'm ready to rip my skin off.

so how did everyone make it through the storm? we got it easy here, 8-10 inches right outside NYC. No power loss..everything is fine

was good to be prepared in case we actually got the 24-36'' they were predicting

Yah. Not so bad here. That's my truck safely tucked in the middle:) power is on..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1422384276303.jpg
    1422384276303.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 53
I am bummed. We have about 4 or 5 inches here now in Albany NY and it is still going. I was really hoping for more. I actually do like some snow.

Last I talked to my parents up in coastal maine they had about a foot. (Couple hours ago)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am bummed. We have about 4 or 5 inches here now in Albany NY and it is still going. I was really hoping for more. I actually do like some snow.

Last I talked to my parents up in coastal maine they had about a foot. (Couple hours ago)

Not me I just drove to Ala Shanghai in Latham and we were slipping all over the place. Good food though :)

You people that want to stay in the north are insane. I'm in Kentucky and I cry about the cold every day. I'd love to move to Florida or somewhere consistently warm.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thats funny cause people up here think Kentucky is warm. I remember living in NC and feeling really cold in the winter down there but in reality it was beautiful compared to NY. I think your body gets used to wherever you are at.

We have about 20" here in mass

Sent from inside my fish tank

My gf wants to venture out, we're walking to tedescis for some cook ranch doritos. If you don't hear from me soon send someone to feed the fish.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422389940.621178.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422389962.653605.jpg

He liked it until a gust of wind blew a bunch in his face

My gf wants to venture out, we're walking to tedescis for some cook ranch doritos. If you don't hear from me soon send someone to feed the fish.

I'll feed them just don't worry where your lights went.

I ordered a African Brown Knife Fish, and... it's shipping from MA... I hope the little guy will be ok...

I ordered a African Brown Knife Fish, and... it's shipping from MA... I hope the little guy will be ok...

probably had tiny little mittens and a huge scarf!

Woot woot Doritos party at brooksters!!!

All gone:p cool ranch doritos could change the world!!!

Blizzard of 2015 Update:

Captains Log;
Snow is nearing 4 inches with blustery winds.
Morale is dropping as rations are low.

More to follow.

Back
Top Bottom