Impossible fishtank.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, but it's pretty neat. Thanks for sharing.

+++EDIT+++
I'd hate to see what happens if one of the seals springs a leak.

theres something to hwo that works! the only thing I can think of is that the water stays in becuase the spout liek things are turned upwards, but even then its still not quite right.....odd.....this is gonna bug me!

It's posted in the feedback:

The tank works through pretty simple physics - water sinks in air, and air rises through water. Since the holes in the tank are below water, air cannot enter them (we must assume the rest of the tank is air- and water-tight). You can do the same thing at home with a pint glass and a sink full of water. Let all the air out of the glass, and pull it upside down out of the water - you'll pull water up in it until the lip of the glass breaks the surface of the water in the sink.

Fishyfanatic said:
It's posted in the feedback:

The tank works through pretty simple physics - water sinks in air, and air rises through water. Since the holes in the tank are below water, air cannot enter them (we must assume the rest of the tank is air- and water-tight). You can do the same thing at home with a pint glass and a sink full of water. Let all the air out of the glass, and pull it upside down out of the water - you'll pull water up in it until the lip of the glass breaks the surface of the water in the sink.

A better analogy woudl be the dog bowls, with the two litter bottle fileld with water inverted over it, and as the dog drinks water, more comes out, but the entire bottles doesnt just spill on the floor, imagine the two liter bottle being the fish tank, and the bowl being the feeding station....ya know...new idea for a betta tank..

Back
Top Bottom