Long Island AA BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QTOFFER

Aquarium Advice Addict
This weekend, BrianNY and his wife played host to Allivymar, Menagerie, Lmw80, Madasafish, and myself.

He showed us their ancistrus pleco breeding tank, 8-or-so discus tanks in the basement, and a phenomenal planted tank in the den populaated by discus, clownloaches, apistos, and a huge school of black neon tetras. The discus were the healthiest and most colorful I have ever seen.

We feasted on BBQ'd discus-ka-bob (j/k :D :p ) and when we were leaving, we all got goodie bags containing two baby albino ancistrus plecs!

Thanks to Brian and his wife for a wonderful time.

Despite my computer/photoshop's uncooperative nature today, I'm attaching some pics.

I don't see the pics yet :(

I will second the fact that Brian and his wife are wonderful hosts and it was a pleasure to meet everyone!

We had a ton of fun in the pool with the inflatable dolphin and "swimming" plastic fish. Actually, I think the really odd dolphin pics where Madasafish and I tamed the wild beast (not at the same time :wink:), were taken by Brian. There were a lot of nay-sayers, but one can float on the dolphin, if you try hard enough!!!

Aaah, finally!
This $#%@& computer has been driving me nuts all day with anything requiring graphics.
I think I'm going to throw it into a tank of 88oF water with a pich of salt...why not, that remedy seems to take care of most of my problems.

FF said:
Oh BTW some folks need a serious tan in that pic.
:lol: No fair! I sat next to the tannest guy there and I live in Canada!!! At least I had fixed my "waterproof" mascara by then :roll: Won't be using that brand for the wedding.

For those you you wonder who everyone is, from left to right:
Madasafish, LMW80's boyfriend, LMW80, Menagerie, BrianNY, Allivymar's husband, Allivymar and QTOFFER

We have that same dolphin, and nobody, I mean not the kids or anyone, can keep it upright!

Glad to get some faces to go with the names -

Brian, your fish are gorgeous - you rock!

LOL. You chose the worst pic of me to post! And yes, we do need a little more sun, some of us... :oops:

That pic of the Discus is stunning. Nicely taken.

TankGirl said:
We have that same dolphin, and nobody, I mean not the kids or anyone, can keep it upright!
Well, the technique is not hard! When I went to jump on it from the side of the pool everyone thought I was going for a while ride and that it needed less air in it. I blew it up as best I could and launched myself *gently* on to it. It can be done :D
madasafish said:
You chose the worst pic of me to post!
You could have sat next to me and looked golden :wink:

LOL, "tan" is another way of saying "early stage melanoma" - especially for those of use who trace our roots back to the land of Guinness and shamrocks!

And the pictures really do the fish no justice - you would need high quality video to really see how these teacup-saucer-sized fish can swim slowly and gracefully, then turn on a dime and zip across the tank to roughly nudge a tankmate.

Very cool, we need to have one of those down here ;) It's great to see you guys getting together up there, who would think all the people doing the real life bonding thing would be those "rude" new yorkers, LOL...J/K.

reefrunner69 said:
Very cool, we need to have one of those down here ;) It's great to see you guys getting together up there, who would think all the people doing the real life bonding thing would be those "rude" new yorkers, LOL...J/K.

I agree, reefrunner. Er, the part about getting together down here. We'd show 'em what a real tan looks like. 8)

Tan schman, the food was amazing and the people....well, we rock!

I most definitly need some color....however, the only color I get is red, so we will leave it at that.

We had a blast in the pool...it took me about 1/2 an hour to get in and I only fully got in cause brian tricked me and pulled me in :twisted:

i'm really jealous...wish we were there. Looks like you folks had a great time. It is always nice to put a face to a name. Really great pics of the Discus BTW.

cginflorida said:
reefrunner69 said:

I agree, reefrunner. Er, the part about getting together down here. We'd show 'em what a real tan looks like. 8)

You bet your...er..uh..you bet ;)

It's the middle of July, I'm a nice shade of dark tan. And I do some jam up barbque ;)

It is really the best thing in the world for fishkeepers to get together every once in a while and trade stuff, etc., and be able to sit and talk about the hobby face to face. Someday I'll at least get a local Richmond club going - if I can peel myself away from my 'puter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom