AA Trip to the Bronx Zoo! - Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a Gmail account?

I tried uploading these photos to Webshots and Shutterfly, but gave up because it was taking too long. They're HUGE (1.5 - 4 MB each), and there's 45 of them! I could make them smaller, but I still couldn't post them all to AA.

Any other online photo sharing suggestions? Webshots used to be fast for uploads.

You've got a pm! I have so little experience with photo sharing. I know photobucket takes a long time. Sometimes I get a ton of pics from my sister-in-law using oto-foto or snapfish.

Here's a suggestion Andy, it's lot of work but it is well worth it. Reduce the originals and save a copy in the smaller format. This will allow you to post the smaller pics and retain the originals.

There aren't a lot of photo storage sites that allow uploading pics that large or even allow that much storage space on their site. :)

The other suggestion is to zip em up and then send via email.

devil-smiley-006.gif
WAIT!!
devil-smiley-020.gif
I'm not computer smart!
devil-smiley-043.gif
What if I cannot unzip them??
mixed-smiley-030.gif

hahaha that's funny. oooo thread jacking, you should write one of those smily stories you wrote some other time..anyway, back to the pics.

Aw! I am so sad that I couldn't go!

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Great pics Andy!

Wow! No wonder it took you so long to post that--you put comments on the pics! Go take a nap--you deserve it!! BTW~where is the red panada?

Thanks!:D

I especially enjoyed the monkeys and their antics.

It took so long because Webshots forces you to upload one file at a time unless you download their software. So, I broke down and loaded their software and all the spyware that probably came with it. I was able to upload the whole mess as a batch - licketysplit!

I'll stick the red panda pic in there when I get home tonite. I wasn't too happy with it because he was facing away from me, and the monorail barely slowed down enough for me to get a shot. The zoo as a whole was fantastic, but the monorail was pretty disappointing - most of the animals were so far away, and the operators didn't stop to let passengers get a good look.

QTOFFER said:
The zoo as a whole was fantastic, but the monorail was pretty disappointing - most of the animals were so far away, and the operators didn't stop to let passengers get a good look.

As a long time visitor, I was surprised at the quickness of the monorail ride. In the past, the guide(s) would give a chance to view the animals and not rush through it. I believe the addition of the silly recording played in part in it as it is fairly new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom