Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-19-2005, 01:59 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

And here are just some extra pics. We were at a small parking area along GW Parkway. One is of the Washington Monument, the other is Navy and Marine Monument dedicated to the americans lost at sea. It was beautiful, the pic doesn't do it justice. The boats were taken at one of the marinas around Mt Vernon.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Ya the lighting in many of the rooms was not overly adjustable to allow for proper lighting on the speakers and not have lighting directly on the screen causing glaire.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, I know you struggled with the lighting. You did an excellent job fishfreek. Thanks again.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:53 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hey,

MACNA rocked, Ill post some of my pics. Sorry I missed seeing you guys, I dont really have any faces to put with names and I sure wasnt going to walk around with a shirt that said macman7010 ... LOL! My personal favorite seminar was Sprung's, and I missed Bob Fenner's seminar on Friday evening. I left work as early as possibly but D.C. is a 3 hour haul for me. Anyhow it was a great expierence, I learned a lot and took a varitey of horrible digital photos.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #25
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Maybe for the Houston Macna, folks could buy AA shirts or something identifying to wear
Old 09-19-2005, 03:18 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah. It wasn't to hard for me since I had already met fishfreek, devilishturtles and bound_for_obx previously. I manage to find Phyllis on Sat. Sorry I missed ya. I didn't know if you were still going or not. I would have looked for you.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:58 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

its cool, the AA shirt idea was really good, I should have thought of that. even we could have made AA shirts if it was short notice, but anyhow it was fun. there is an event coming up fluff fairly close to me so somewhat close to you. once I get the details I am going to post about it in our regional forum.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:11 PM   #28
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I am supprised no one has commented on the vast amount of stuff given away at the raffle. Phyllis Did your crew come away with alot? I saw you sit down in the general area where the ticket taker and one of the winners for a few items was.

For those that didnt attend there where at least two tanks 90gal and one that was larger given away. These where complete systems. One included livestock!!!! Two people walked away with 12 cases of IO and 12 cases of ReefCrystals. Countless others wakled away with prizes from the raffle. The vendors really came thru with donations for the raffle.

The gala was set to handle 540 or so people and I think it was very near full capacity and not everyone attending the conference had a ticket to the gala.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:12 PM   #29
AA Team Emeritus

In reference to the AA garments we have several new garments added to our store just prior to MACNA. I wore my shirt on the final day.

Old 09-19-2005, 04:39 PM   #30
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
I really had a great time. I'm still trying to sort through my pictures. Sorry we missed ya Macman.

My favorite speaker I believe was Walt Smith. His seminar on his efforts in Figi were amazing. I've never seen so many corals and piles of liverock before. He kept things interesting as well. Julian Sprung gave alot of insight on sponges and their role in our aquariums. Rebecca Swenson gave an interesting speech on Berghia Nudibranchs, which I found highly interesting. I was a bit turned off by Dr. Ron, and his pompous attitude towards the curious and factseeking hobbyist...but I won't get into all of that ruckus.

Lets not forget to mention the free frags! How many did you guys walk away with? I got 6 all together. 4 for free, and 2 that I paid $10 a piece for at Dr. Mac's Booth.

On our way back home, well...it was an adventure. We got lost, or more rightly, I got lost. Off went Fluff in one direction, and me right on into downtown DC. I got a whole tourists view in about 15 minutes. lol. The Pentagon, Washington Monument, The National Mall, The Capital, The White House, alll of it. About 15 minutes later we met up though, and made it back home, about 45 minutes for me.

I spent the following three hours acclimating the new frags! I nice huge chunk of colt coral, 2 finger leathers, 1 star polyp, and 2 kinds of zoos (one pink, one orange and green).

I had a blast. Might be looking forward to MACNA XVIII in Houston, Texas in 2006. 8)

Pictures coming as soon as I can sort them out. 8O

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com