Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-16-2004, 05:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Miracle Fish (or just weird and funny)

I am interested in hearing your "unusual" but true fish tales. You know, fish who have survived amazing obstacles...or dumb fish who defie death inspite of their antics...or unlucky fish who get stuck inside treasure chests, etc. 8O (I have quite a few stories to share about my fishies) Most of the fish I've owned seem to be "unique" and different... what's that they say about pets being like their owners?

Anyway I also wanted to hear other's stories...so join the discussion and have a good laugh!

Old 04-16-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to glasstapper
I purchased a beat up keyhole morph of some kind, tail none fins nubs but otherwise ok,, cleaned up beautiful low and behold next week same lfs, theres another, near death, NO fins barely nubs NO tail down to the stock no dorsal and a big open wound on the side he was given to me, took him home first thing he did ,,, EAT i ws so happy oh has only one eye no joke still no eye but otherwise a happy couple they make

Old 04-17-2004, 12:59 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Christmasfish Send a message via Skype™ to Christmasfish
Heh!
Well we have my daughter's plakat, Goht...
during a tank cleaning she was waiting in her jar when the cat poked a nose in..
she firmly clamped onto the offending appendage with angry gusto.
As the cat was shaking its head the fish stayed put. Finaly the cat got her loose when it ran ito the wall a second time and she went flying four feet to bounce on carpet. The cat made a very undignified exit involving many obstacles.
The fish was retrieved angry and unrepentent. She hadn't even lost color. As soon as she was rinsed off and returned to the bowl she spent the rest of the day flaring and posturing. Her name became Seeleup Goht that day.

Her further adventures only make us see where someone got the idea to fight fish...

Mega-pet stores prolly should not be allowed to sell animals as retail "items".
Old 04-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

The craziest thing I have seen was the betta (hence naned Houdini), that traveled up the gravel vac, through the tube and hose to land in my 5 gal bucket. 8O Houdini stays away from the gravel vac now.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 04-20-2004, 11:22 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Glasstapper (I love that name) - I'd love to see a photo of your special fish couple... Good for you for rescuing the underdog!
I'm suprised the LFS would display them in that condition...or do you have an "in" with the people there?
1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

10g
Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
Old 04-20-2004, 11:27 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Christmasfish - that's the funniest story! It made me laugh out loud...
Old 04-20-2004, 12:11 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
I had a fish defy death before.

I had to get two overly aggressive socolofi out of my tank. I tried and failed with so many different ways of netting that I ended up taking all the terrain out of my tank to catch them. The whole ordeal took about 1.5 hours. At some point, my girlfriend says "Where's the orange one?" I say "What do mean, where's the orange one?" A head count followed. The orange one was missing and there was no place to hide in the tank. I'm looking at all the terrain sitting out on trash bags on the floor and I start with the driftwood. I pick it up, glance at a known hiding place and put it back into the tank. Then I go to the next piece. There are only three total pieces that he could have been in; the rest being rock that just sits on other rock. Two of the pieces are resin cave things. The only problem I have with them is that they have a hole in them that grants access to the infrastructure of the terrain. The other two pieces go into the tank. I'm crapping my pants at this point. We wait about a minute. Nothing. I pick up the wood a bit and give a little shake. Nothing. I move onto one of the resin pieces and do the same. Out swims my red zebra. That lucky sob was outside of my tank for at least 5 minutes, probably more. He had to have been in a little pool of water still in the terrain. That's the only explanation I can see. He's actually the dominant force in my tank at this point too.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:02 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Deli_conker - now THAT'S a spunky fish... 8O
I have to run to lunch...but I will try to write a long awaited tale of one of my fishies later this afternoon. 8) (It's a kind of a long story...so it'll take some time to write)
The suspense is mounting.....
1 Pleco ("Plato")
1 Oto

10g
Ivory Snail ("Speedy")
Old 04-20-2004, 02:48 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to hisc1ay Send a message via Yahoo to hisc1ay
As I was putting my shoes on to go to work one morning, I glanced over at where my Betta should have been but wasn't. I was confused, so I looked around...no betta. My eyes were drawn to the floor when I saw his shriveled up body. I'm not sure how long he was down there, but his body wasn't wet anymore...just kinda clammy. I thought he was dead, so I tried to poke a little with a piece of tubing and as soon as it touched him he sat up on his pectorals. So I picked him up and stuck him back in the tank. He kinda just sank to the bottom, but within a few seconds perked right back up like nothing happened.

-j
Old 04-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey hisclay,

Where did you get you name?

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Closed Thread

Tags
weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com