Most annoying things in fish keeping!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
water changes. not because of the time but because of the spills and mess. i have to run 65 feet of tubing through two rooms. nossels blowing off the faucets, spilling buckets, overflowing the tanks! ahhhh water just makes such a mess. i always have to do my water changes barefoot and shirtless hahaha.

People who don't know what they're doing. I work in a petstore and I cannot tell you how many times people come in for more "Chiclets" or "The yellow fish like the one they have at home." Argh. Learn about what you're doing! IT's CICHLID, not a gum!

The need to add one more fish/coral/invert/plant in the tank every time I go to the fish store... It's a never ending addiction lol

That it can't be in one units of measure lol. I now think in gallons and can handle dh to ppm but degrees F to C has got me stumped.

Cycling is by far the worst. The excitement of buying your new tank gets buzzkilled by then having to cycle for "X" amount of time before adding the fish you want!!! Errrg the anticipation and waiting kills me during cycles

The fact that even though you were just at the fish store two days ago you have an urge to go again as soon as possible!! :)

My most annoying and disappointing thing is the snake oil and false claims aquarium companies make about their products. Also the things they DON'T tell you. They need to be held to the same laws as consumer goods are. We've all wasted money on some of the junk. OS.

ATM Dwarf hairgrass being uprooted every **** day. :lol:

Bioload, algae, and water changes are in my list though.

My tank is too small I want more plants and more fish together with not enough money makes for an unhappy Mommy! I want at least a 150g high tech heavily planted tank. but space, money and my husband are telling me no....
water changes. not because of the time but because of the spills and mess. i have to run 65 feet of tubing through two rooms. nossels blowing off the faucets, spilling buckets, overflowing the tanks! ahhhh water just makes such a mess. i always have to do my water changes barefoot and shirtless hahaha.
I have to agree with this one and I am only going 25 feet to the nearest faucet!

Water changes, not being able to have the setup you want, water changes, when something dies and you don't know why, water changes.

:cool:

Did I mention the water changes?

:deadhorse:

Water changes and not being abke to get the tank the way you want.

Water changes aren't that bad for me right now. What is annoying is having fish uproot plants daily. Also when they discover a plant is a food source. I had 11 Dwarf chain sword runners on Sunday. Skipped a morning feed Monday morning and had no runners when i got home from work :banghead: Parent plants are starting to get nibbled on too. I had lettuce in the tank for them to nibble on when this happened which makes it more annoying.

The most annoying thing to me is by far the people who don't understand anything about the hobby. When you first set up the tank everyone around me believes I should go ahead and add fish!!!! Then explaining why every couple minutes !!

Aquariums and fish shopping are like tatoos. Once you've got one you gotta get more. I started with brine shrimp in a box when I was 12 and it got heavier, bigger and more expensive from there.

Python water change hose made WC's MUCH easier. NOW most annoying for me is having a very nice(and not cheap) piece of driftwood made into a sesame bun by my Zebra Nerites laying their eggs all over it. Impossible to get off too. Getting new DW soon and the Nerites will be GONE! OS.

Yesterday, I did a waterchange using a syphon and the tried and true method of sucking the air out of the hose partially until water will run down and gravity takes over. Well yesterday, all was well until I delayed removing my mouth from the end of the tube and ended up choking on water for the better part of a half an hour.

Oh ya and messy water changes.

Nothing worse than a mouth full of fish water! Now I know on the wc change that that water is probably safer for my than my nasty tap but I just can't get the thought of eweeee! Fish pee!

when you have 75 pals dollars to spend, thats 1500 i spent to get it, and they tell you "sorry they expire after 45 days you only have 15 dollars to spend.

when you spend 75 dollars on a new acrylic tank and when you get it out of the box there is a big scratch so you have to bring it back.

when your trying to get your coral home as fast as possible, then you get pulled over for speeding.

Back
Top Bottom