Most expensive fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Highest amount of money ever spent on a single fish.

• 0-10

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • 31-40

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 41-50

• 51-60

• 61-70

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 81-90

• 91-100

• 101-110

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 111-120

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 121-130

• 131-140

• 141-150

• 151-160

• 161-170

• 171-180

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 181-190

• 191+

• Total voters
bruinsbro1997 said:
Are you serious!?! Wow that's weird! Hmm...

I'll recheck the pic, but it looks a lot like mine. My LFS also gives me the names of the fish he sells me, so I'll check my receipt too.

Kio707 said:
I'll recheck the pic, but it looks a lot like mine. My LFS also gives me the names of the fish he sells me, so I'll check my receipt too.

I couldn't tell off the pic, but I provided a live pic of mine. U saw it in person, does it look the same. The blue one, I know I don't have the red. Let me know, I could be wrong...

Last edited:
bruinsbro1997 said:
It doesn't look like the one in the pic, but it does look like the 500 dollar ones they offer. Hmm. Why??? ....

Lol... I wonder how much they would sell my mated kouroi flame backs? I need to move to Cali!! I added more pics of my tank. Any other gold mines? Lol... U email me ur address, I'd gladly mail u one of those guys. Just pay for the shipping and fish. Save $450...

Last edited:
Haha it's okay no thanks! If my mom ever found out I spent more than 20 dollars for a fish she'd flip out, if she found out I spent 450$ she'd have a heart attack!

I'm pretty sure that the store would take your fish and sell them for 800, I mean they have fish that look exactly like that blue one in one of their tanks in the store!

redsea said:
He is a very cool fish, did you have trouble getting him to eat?

Yes, I was 5 months into fishkeeping when I was told by my LFS that he'd be fine and is a hardy fish. Anytime anyone got near the tank it would pace back and forth. Really afraid of everything. Tough fish to keep but I'm hoping with all I've learned and am learning, I will have one in the future.

My Sterbei Cory cost $10.00. That's the priciest I have, and I love it and am planning on getting 5 more. I just don't know enough about fish as of yet to be brave enough to buy expensive (and generally more sensitive) fish.

the most expensive fish i have is a blue crayfish($20),but she was a birthday present so doesnt really count. the most expensive fish i have bought was like $6.50,for my shark
forgot to mention,including upgrade cost to get him into a proper sized tank,it cost about $236.50

My most expensive fish was $30, but they accidentally charged me twice so I ended up paying $60 for my oranda! It took a month and a half to get a refund, but well worth it. He's the best fish I've ever had!

Attachments

• image-2794034898.jpg
    image-2794034898.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 129
My most expensive fish cost me $30. If I ever see something I really like again, then I'm willing to spend more!

My most expensive fish is my King Tiger Pleco That I bought from severum mama almost a year ago that was $47 with shipping. (the fish was $40, 7 for ship).

He is still doing quite well even though he's a hypancistrus, so you never see anything but his tail during the day.

A picture from when he was brand new.

plecogood.jpg

Vircomore said:
My most expensive fish is my King Tiger Pleco That I bought from severum mama almost a year ago that was $47 with shipping. (the fish was $40, 7 for ship).

He is still doing quite well even though he's a hypancistrus, so you never see anything but his tail during the day.

Wow! I'm not a fan of plecos, but that's an incredibly gorgeous fish.

Vircomore said:

Wow! I'm not a fan of plecos, but that's an incredibly gorgeous fish.

Back
Top Bottom