Most Rewarding Part of Owning an Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beginneraquarist

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

So I want to know, what has been the most rewarding part of fish keeping for you?

What part could you do without?

I'm a beginner. Just curious what makes it worth it for you guys.

My platys letting me pet them

Unwanted mouthfuls of tank water during water changes and disease

definitely the buying new fish and seeing them thrive in your aqaurim , i have just purchased 3 small angelfish and 4 cardinal tetra's and they are loving it
:D

Never having to say there's nothing to watch when you have 300 channels of CRAP on TV. Being able to care for "difficult" species of fish with some success.

Part I could do without - high prices of everything good for your aquarium!

The great feeling, when you know that all your hard work has paid off :D

My daughter commented the other day that i'm always looking at the fish. I love watching them! Especially my Mollies and my beta and I think they like watching us too. I noticed one day after messing around on the floor with my daughter and dog that they were at the front off the tank just watching :)

The worst is probably the water changes, altho I really don't mind that either

For me the best part is just getting to watch the fish and knowing that I have created my own little ecosystem for them to live in. The aquascaping is fun, too. The worst part is dealing with diseases and occasionally having to watch your fish die. Oh, and the cost. When you are a broke college student, it's hard balancing the desire to upgrade everything with the desire to eat sometimes...

Most rewarding is when people come in and see my tank and their mouths drop. Lol

What I could do without... Water changes. Lol

Chronos313 said:
My platys letting me pet them

Ugggg. I can't stand drinking all the fish poop and saltwater during pwc. Lol

Sitting back and watching what I've created. I love having tanks and creating something beautiful that myself, family and friends can enjoy.

The cost of everything. There is always something I need. Lol.

I find it amazing how we can keep miniature Eco-systems alive. I love all the life a simple tank has in it-from the small snails in the substrate, shrimp scurrying around and picking at food, to the fishes swimming together. I also love how I can watch my tanks for hours at a time, and learn something new each time:)

One part I could live with out, would have to be having random deaths occur. I hate it when you can't find a cause for a death.

I think you are doing something horribly wrong if you end up with water in your mouth during PWCs. ;)

Most rewarding part is breeding and selling fish to other hobbyists.

I could do without filter maintenance. I don't mind water changes but tearing canisters apart every couple weeks gets old.

For me all of it has been rewarding. I have enjoyed learning how to keep the best environment possible for my goldfish. It is a little world I have created for them. A place I know I have made a difference in.

What I could do without is despite trying to do everything correctly sometimes one of my fish will still get sick.

The most rewarding part was after I completed my first fish less cycle.

The worst has to be trying to sleep with a noisy filter in your room.

what has been the most rewarding part of fish keeping for you?

Interacting with my blood parrots when I hand feed them......

Seeing freeswimming krib fry school with kuhli loaches......

Watching my corys spit eggs against the tank walls......

Seeing all the little red cherry shrimplets that I didn't know I had racing around the tank.....

Watching my ghost shrimp hitch a ride on the back of a mystery snail......

Observing the natural self-preservation instinct that newborn fry show when left to survive in the community tank......

Just sitting and watching...... my tanks are my zen

What part could you do without?

Disease......

Back
Top Bottom