music trivia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I hope your right. I had to dig out my one barry album and am listening to it trying to figure it out.

czcz said:
At the Copa... Copa Cabana
The hottest spot north of Havanna...

I'm going to have this song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

czcz...I'm sorry. But that is exactly how that post came up. It was on the radio...I had it in my head for days and days. Problem is, now it's back. :wink:

Yep...it is the right answer. Her name was Lola, she was a show girl. With yellow feathers in her hair and her dress cut down to there. She would merangue and do the cha-cha...

Ok, I'll go, this should be easy. Man, I'm not good at this but here goes...

Ok, the band is best known for their lead singer. His persona is also the name of the band and is quite feminine. When they were first starting out, his band was voted worse band in LA. They changed the look of rock with their outrageous make-up and are well known for their stage theatrics. The band was hugely popular in the 70's and has remained so. They got their start with the help of Frank Zappa.

50 kudos for the name of the band
50 kudos to who can give me the birth name of the lead singer.

OK, this band has changed it's name three times that I am aware of and the lead singer started another band that only lasted a couple of years. 25 kudos for each of the band names (up to 4 names) and 50 kudos more If you can name the two members that have stayed together since the beginning.
Here are some lyrics from a couple of their songs...

I will have my dreamtime
My dreamtime, my dreamtime
The only thing untouched that's mine
I will have my dreamtime

Like the heat from a thousand suns that burns on
Rising ever higher
A phoenix from a pyre
My eternal desire

BTW, do I owe kudos to anyone? I think I forgot. Wink
If I still get half credit, its appreciated. (I always run out of kudos quickly - lots of help here. :) )

And another hint... the movie "Gone in Sixty Seconds" featured a song by this band. The songs title was "Painted on My Heart"

Yes, "The Cult" is the final name of the band, They have used it since about 1983. Can you give any of their former names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom