music trivia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, you are making me think about this one, but here is what I got:

First Ian Atsbury (lead singer) formed the band "Southern Death Cult." I don't know of any other name changes except in approx 1983/1984, Ian decided to shorten the name to "The Cult." They had so many changes in band members it is insane, and from what I know, Ian is the only constant of the group. He went by the name Lindsey for a while, which was his mother's maiden name. The band officially broke up in the mid 90's but they have released compilation CDs since then. Ian began a new band called "The Holy Barbarians" around 1995. So from what I can tell, the band isn't together anymore.

Yep, "Southern Death Cult" was the original band name. It was then shortened to "Death Cult" and Finally "The Cult" Like you said, Ian Asbury, formed "The Holy Barbarians" which in my oppinion was a miserable attempt of combining rock and techno. Ian Asbury and Billy Duffy have been together since "Death Cult" With a short break after fisticuffs on stage during a LA concert. Ian Asbury was also chosen to be lead singer when "The Doors" reunited some time after 2000. I'm not sure what ever became of that.

rubysoho, I sent you 25 Kudos when you came up with "The Cult" and I'll send you an additional 75 Kudos for the additional info that you provided.

rubysoho you're up!

awesome, that was a tough one! Let me take a little while to figure out one now. I promise it won't be too long!

Alright... this is my favorite band (and no it has nothing to do with the band related to my avatar :wink: ). Classified by the music industry as "alternative rock" (but I think this limits their style and they are not the typical alternative), the band signed in 1991. Most recently their work has been featured in both soundtracks of Shrek and Shrek 2. Their last release of a full CD was June 3, 2003 and another CD is being prepared to be released this coming year. The band's lead singer/songwriter is usually referred to as "E" or "Mr. E"

25 kudos for the name of the band
25 kudos for Mr. E's real name
25 kudos for both songs used in Shrek and Shrek 2
50 kudos if you can guess my favorite CD they released Hint: it was released in 1998 and was considered a "depressing album" by critics (but Mr. E feels it is his most positive because he worked through the death of his father, sister, and mother)

Good luck!!!

ding! ding! ding!!!

It is the Eels
Mark Everett is the lead singer/writer
My Beloved Monster - Shrek
*I Need Some Sleep - Shrek 2
*"Cancer For The Cure" was a single released and appears on my favorite album, titled Electro-Shock Blues.

I'll give you credit for the one shrek song for a total of 75 kudos :D

Congrats!!

This one is a singer/songwriter uses a guitar, fairly new popularity

the song im thinking of has to do with a part of the body below the knees

y dont u go again, ansewer was jack johnson - bubble toes

MAybe this be'd easier if we include sections of lyrics

"Sarah...sarah, the stars are shining in your eyes. Sarah...sarah...no time is a good time for goodbye...".

I need the artists name (both names would be even better!) :D

They were called Starship when they did that song weren't they?
How about, Jefferson Starship, Jefferson Airplane. That's all the names I can remember for that band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom