Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyhorse
At a lake where my aunt lives, there is always swarms of fry. There is a big rock about 10-15 feet out from the shore, and the fry will go over there often because it's in the sun so there is algae and stuff for them to snack on. It's fun to go swim over to the rock with some goggles on, then go under the water and sit on the rock. All the fry will come over and nibble on you and see what you are doing. It's really fun,
That would be pretty cool.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I was swimming one time and a bass decided to attack my feet

Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

When I was like 8 I was swimming in a local lake and was swimming under water with goggles on. It was an old abandoned rock quarry so about 100 ft from shore there's a very sharp drop off. Well I'm swimming along this ridge and outta the deep dark water comes this huge musky and swims right past me like I'm not even there. Lemme tell you as an 8 year old coming face to face with a fish that was probably about as long as I was at the time was absolutely terrifying lol. In retrospect it was pretty dang cool.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yea I would go swimming in a slough and there was actually a 14 inch pike in there it was only waste deep too, those things live any where.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Regular

My discus bite me every time I hand feed them. Which is every time. Haha but I love them
Old 01-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

An eel bit my brothers toe while feeding the carp with hims feet in the water. Eels are creepy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Regular

I love eels!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

My puffer will take a chunk out of my arms if I am aquascaping for too long- it's creepy- 2 teeth marks on top, 2 on the bottom and a circular beak bruise surrounding it, and yes, there is blood drawn. He's patient, though, he likes to be right under my hand when I reach in HIS tank to clean up things that he kills, but after an hour of playing with rocks he gets mad and starts nipping at my elbows. People have asked me on more then one occasion what is wrong with my arms, I laugh and tell them my fugu did it and walk away. He will not let anyone but me reach in his tank, he has jumped to try to bite my husband and several friends, mean little tiny thing!!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktomminello View Post
My puffer will take a chunk out of my arms if I am aquascaping for too long- it's creepy- 2 teeth marks on top, 2 on the bottom and a circular beak bruise surrounding it, and yes, there is blood drawn. He's patient, though, he likes to be right under my hand when I reach in HIS tank to clean up things that he kills, but after an hour of playing with rocks he gets mad and starts nipping at my elbows. People have asked me on more then one occasion what is wrong with my arms, I laugh and tell them my fugu did it and walk away. He will not let anyone but me reach in his tank, he has jumped to try to bite my husband and several friends, mean little tiny thing!!
Try and explain that the the staff at the ER!

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com