My friend and her beta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salaratara

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My friend bought a beta and she's keeping it in her locker, I think that it's terrible and so does everyone else but she says its fine, she keeps it in one of the small cups that The Lfs gives you to take it home. It has no access to sunlight except for when she takes it out at lunch! It's terrible and it's probably going to die soon, someone help me convince her to take it home!

That is horrible. Personally I'd report her to a teacher or principal, I doubt she's allowed to have a fish in her locker.

Poor thing. Think of all the stress and noise when kids slam their lockers, in the pitch black. :(

It won't live long. If she doesn't care, there's not much you can do but report her. Hopefully she'll find some common sense.

Report her, or if you dont think you can you should try to buy it off of her.

I agree. Report her to someone. I'm pretty sure it would be against the rules to have a pet in your locker at school. When does she change the water?

If that's not animal cruelty I don't know what is. I feel bad for the fish.

how long has she kept the poor guy in there?
If she is keeping a poor fish in the cup it came in inside of a locker, I doubt she has a clue about water conditioner and probably didn't buy any food for it (maybe some flakes at most) poor guy!!
Please report her! There is no way that that would have been allowed in any of the schools I went to so I'm sure it isn't at yours either. You can do it ananymously as well so that she doesn't get mad at you for telling on her.

Buy it off of her of you want I'll send you the $5 thru PayPal. Do the rite thing and report her.
But make sure if you do buy it off of her make a deal with her that she can't get another one.
Poor thing. Stupid girl.
What people would do for there own pleasure. Smh.

You should lock her in the locker and only take her out for lunch, if that.

I personally would just tell her how you feel about the situation and leave it at that. If she is a friend (word used way too much by most) she would make changes. Now likely the fish isn't going to have any better life (based on how your friend is keeping it no matter where it is actually kept).

I find much more important things to be concerned with in our ever failing education system than a fish that was doomed from the get go. To be honest the conditions it is being kept in isn't any worse than many of the forum members on the site. Take a moment an look at the horrible practices, stocking numbers, species selection, etc... that is rampant in so many "good" fish keepers.

I personally would just tell her how you feel about the situation and leave it at that. If she is a friend (word used way too much by most) she would make changes. Now likely the fish isn't going to have any better life (based on how your friend is keeping it no matter where it is actually kept).

I find much more important things to be concerned with in our ever failing education system than a fish that was doomed from the get go. To be honest the conditions it is being kept in isn't any worse than many of the forum members on the site. Take a moment an look at the horrible practices, stocking numbers, species selection, etc... that is rampant in so many "good" fish keepers.

This is a forum for advice, not suttle and crude accusations. I don't see how "many" members setups are the equivalent of a pubescent that simply removes the betta from the store to their locker.

Back
Top Bottom