Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Super Bowl Who will win???
Steelers 17 68.00%
Seahawks 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to ChazYork
Credit should be given to the unsung heros of football - the linemen. Not some overweight runningback

55g reef, 75lbs LR, 60lbs of base rock from hirocks.com, small hippo tang, paired clowns, 3 green chromis, 1 yellowtail damsel, 3 peppermint shrimp, 1 pistol shrimp, various assortment of snails and hermits, polyps, purple ribbon gorgonian, pulsing xenia, yellow button polyps
Old 01-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, in a perfect world, I think credit should be given to both.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #33
AA Team Emeritus

I dunno ChazYork, it sounds like you are totally against giving any credit to Bettis' career...so I thought this would help. Keep in mind, Pittsburgh did not have the greatest line at all times.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/2354/

Take a look at the receiving yards while you're at it...no linemen to help you out while you're in the flat.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:49 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Jchillin: Thank you for that information. I enjoyed looking through that. I do think he is a good player.......He gets people pumped too. Either way....

ChazYork: I do agree to some extent. If you have a great line either defenceivly or offensively you have the time to make the the great plays. Either running the ball or holding the offence. But, you need it all the way around to make a good team. This year if you watched the games Steelers have played they are doing things right and being patient.

** I have to say great debates....Keep it comin **

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:17 PM   #35
AA Team Emeritus

I tend to look at the player's entire body of work. Yeah, it's a little sad to watch him only come in when in the Red Zone for the 2-3 yard touchdown, but the whole point is winning. Chicago used the fridge for this and it worked so well, you saw a lot of teams do it. I thought I would fall out of my chair when Tampa Bay had Warren Sapp do it.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:21 AM   #36
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Bah. Lots of players out there on the same level with Bettis. (Can ya tell I'm so not a steelers fan? )

This is just a lil hometeam insert here. Hehe.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/5942/

^ The up and coming. Betts rocks.

Will be a good game, none the less.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Devilishturtles Hee hee nice.
Anyone see there weekly practices or no a link to see both teams?
I would like to check that out.

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 01-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Regular

ok, as much as i despise Bettis he is a good runningback but NOT a GREAT one. He is still overrated and personally i dont believe he should go in the Hall but that wont happen. He never dominated a game, the Pitt defense did. And he was always surrounded by an above average team. Jchillin look at his early years, yea he had good stats but his team sucked. Take a back like Barry Sanders who never had a decent teammate, a HORRIBLE line and he still racked up incredible stats and a good part of that was without a blocking fullback! And his team had at least a .500 season...

In comparison Barry Sanders did more in 9 years than Bettis has in 13, Emmitt Smith had in 14, and Walter Payton did in 16

Imagine Sanders on any of the teams those other players played on and played the length they did...he would make Bettis' stats look like a pop warner game.
55g reef, 75lbs LR, 60lbs of base rock from hirocks.com, small hippo tang, paired clowns, 3 green chromis, 1 yellowtail damsel, 3 peppermint shrimp, 1 pistol shrimp, various assortment of snails and hermits, polyps, purple ribbon gorgonian, pulsing xenia, yellow button polyps
Old 01-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #39
AA Team Emeritus

Now see, that isn't fair...tossing Barry Sanders into the discussion. Sanders is leaps and bounds above Bettis as you say. Point well taken in that regard...good, but not GREAT. Just a shame he packed it in so early. Can you imagine what his stats would have been like with a decent team?
Old 01-28-2006, 08:09 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Regular

I cant even fathom his stats on a decent team with a line and a fullback, let alone even if he played for maybe 5 more years than he did!

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com