My Team won!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super Bowl Who will win???

• Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hara, Believe it or not...neither am I ...Just the wife. I will watch it if it is on but generally speaking could care less who wins. Nothing but a marketing scam.
adultery or alleged adultery
Sadly enough that seems to be the family norm any more :?

Does that mean I can not say :censor: or :censor: ?

Well, I don't think the words "49ers" and "playoffs" are likely to be uttered in the same sentence for a long time. And my second favorite Packers were abysmal this year. So I've found myself rooting hard for the Colts for the last couple of seasons. I so thought they could go all the way this year. And I have never liked the Steelers one bit. Add to that the fact that I'm also somewhat of a Broncos fan, and one might think I would be rooting against the Steelers in the big one. Well, they really earned my respect with their victory over Indy, and nailed it down even more last week. And Polomalu is the most fun to watch of any football player in recent memory. So as far as I'm concerned...GO STEELERS!!!

We think alike, bosk1! :wink: Of course I'm a Steelers fan, but I also like the Indy Colts and Denver Broncos very much. These last few weeks were hard on me, football-wise! :wink: Troy Polamalu is very fun to watch! He can even fling himself sideways! On the Pgh. radio station I listen to, they're playing a song to the tune of the Muppets' "Manamana" with "Polamalu" sung to it instead! :D

My thoughts are the Steelers are on a roll. Playing very good football at level above their heads. The Seahawks have a better team. It will come down to who ever really brings it. I will be rooting for the Steelers my mom was born there, but I think the Seahawks have a better team.

That's hilarious, An t-iasg!
img_572120_0_30dca08c8b0a12e6776d65b33d3a3cc2.gif
Yeah, Troy is just...you never know what's going to happen with him on the field. I remember reading an interview with Dan Fouts when I was in Jr. High where he said he tried to play every game as if it were his last. At the time, I thought that was a noble way to go about one's job, and I still do. From the Pittsburgh games I have seen, Troy embodies that spirit more than any human being I have ever seen. I cannot count the number of times I have seen him on the ground and completely out of a play, only to get up and run down whoever has the ball to either be in on the tackle, or just a couple of feet away from it.

I told my father and mother to take an aspirin before the game....I will tell you one thing nail bitting...I jump...bad hip and all. I seen some plays that you say oh we got it then all of a sudden pow big plays all around.

The calls get me. Some are so uncalled for.

Polamalu is such a great player...He is everywhere! I think last game you saw him every play. He is very into it. I do love seeing him pray often through out the game.

I am so excited for this game!

I can not belive the fan base for the Steelers....I love it.

Bettis is given charity runs! He is over rated...the guys who never get the credit and should is the line that he's run behind for over 80% of his career. Another over rated runningback - Emmitt Smith. You take the leagues worst RB and put them behind the steelers line, the dallas line of old, or the broncos line and you will get a "great" RB

ChazYork said:
Bettis is given charity runs! He is over rated...

i'm not much of a football fan (or sports fan for that matter) but i happened to watch that last game with him. IMO, anyone who can consistantly FALL for 3 yards deserves some credit for the very specific situations that's useful in.

Credit should be given to the unsung heros of football - the linemen. Not some overweight runningback

Jchillin: Thank you for that information. I enjoyed looking through that. I do think he is a good player.......He gets people pumped too. Either way.... :wink:

ChazYork: I do agree to some extent. If you have a great line either defenceivly or offensively you have the time to make the the great plays. Either running the ball or holding the offence. But, you need it all the way around to make a good team. This year if you watched the games Steelers have played they are doing things right and being patient.

** I have to say great debates....Keep it comin :D **

I tend to look at the player's entire body of work. Yeah, it's a little sad to watch him only come in when in the Red Zone for the 2-3 yard touchdown, but the whole point is winning. Chicago used the fridge for this and it worked so well, you saw a lot of teams do it. I thought I would fall out of my chair when Tampa Bay had Warren Sapp do it. :)

ok, as much as i despise Bettis he is a good runningback but NOT a GREAT one. He is still overrated and personally i dont believe he should go in the Hall but that wont happen. He never dominated a game, the Pitt defense did. And he was always surrounded by an above average team. Jchillin look at his early years, yea he had good stats but his team sucked. Take a back like Barry Sanders who never had a decent teammate, a HORRIBLE line and he still racked up incredible stats and a good part of that was without a blocking fullback! And his team had at least a .500 season...

In comparison Barry Sanders did more in 9 years than Bettis has in 13, Emmitt Smith had in 14, and Walter Payton did in 16

Imagine Sanders on any of the teams those other players played on and played the length they did...he would make Bettis' stats look like a pop warner game.

Now see, that isn't fair...tossing Barry Sanders into the discussion. :) Sanders is leaps and bounds above Bettis as you say. Point well taken in that regard...good, but not GREAT. Just a shame he packed it in so early. Can you imagine what his stats would have been like with a decent team?

I cant even fathom his stats on a decent team with a line and a fullback, let alone even if he played for maybe 5 more years than he did! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom