Need help deciding on my next aquarium{s}

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stingrays4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi as some of you may or not know I have shed in which I keep my fish. Now I am trying to decide on a change but struggling to decide which is the best idea? Currently I have a five foot,four foot and a two foot {sorry I am still struggling with metric:oops:}I also have a fluval edge shrimp tank.
Now to my dilema:cool:
I have an area in my shed which is currently home to my four foot,but wish to change this big time!:)
My options 1 :- 6 x 2 x 2 foot tank
2 :- 120 cm tank plus a 100 cm tank
3 :- five footer Same as I currently have. I could also have possibly a two foot tank as well with this option.

Now what i am hoping to achieve is simple. I want a oddball tank, a planted tank and possibly a shrimp tank.
Oddball tank could be either a six footer or the current five footer
Planted tank could be 'new' five footer or 120 cm tank.
Shrimp tank could be the 100 cm tank

Now I am going to add a photo to hopefully help show what I am hoping to do. The photo will show current four footer plus all the shelving that will be removed or adapted as necessary. The gap is 230 cms
Thanks for reading and thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Attachments

• shelving1 (Large).jpg
    shelving1 (Large).jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 157
Hi in case its not reasonably clear. The question is
The four foot tank in the photo will be replaced with either
A six foot tank or a five foot tank or two smaller tanks? Which would you do if it was you choice?:thanks:

No but that's the next project I want to do. They're extremely interesting fish and have a very unique personality! Only issue with them is that you would have to devote a whole tank to the guy because of how aggressive they are

Hi are they really that aggressive? Mind you it would mean the tank would remain understocked so would be easier to maintain?

yes they are super aggressive, I know some people on this forum and online have been able to keep different types of fish with them but really it's a hit or miss. While it would remain understocked they are extremely messy eaters but other than that yes it would be pretty easy to maintain i'm assuming

Hi getting a little closer to a decision:)
At the moment the favourite is to get a six footer or similar sized tank:)
This way the current five footer would become a planted tank and the new aquarium would become the 'oddball' tank:) I would still have room for a shrimp tank:) so one more question:cool: would two 36 x 24 x 24 {inches} be better than one six footer???? I'll get there one day:banghead: Is it possible to over analize:blink:

i vote for a 6 footer with a fire eel,and some other cool fish. or maybe one of the monster bichirs.or and african lungfish,they look really cool.

Hi thanks for the info Alex(y) I have never kept a fire eel,but did have a tyre track for a short while,the tyre track was a hard fish to look after as feeding it was awkward{The other fish kept beating it to the food?}:(

Hi finally made a decision on which tank to get:D
I ordered a 72 x 18 x 24 yesterday:dance::dance: Now got a six week wait:eek:
Thanks to everyone's input and to admin for putting up with me waffling on on hear:oops:

22"x22"x48" (90 gallons)

I've got the above tank for sale for $200 if that would suit your needs. No stand.

Back
Top Bottom