Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
That is so funny! In my house, it is my wife that wanted a SW tank. She always wanted SW fishes because she finds them so colourful and diversified. Well, last November she brought up the subject and suggesting perhaps a 50 to 70 gal. tank. So, off we were, for a few weeks, visiting the LFS in our area. All the while, I was surfing the net to get some info, buying books, and found this site! Well, as people say, the rest is history! I am the one who "pushed" for a bigger tank and the "works". Her suggestion became MY addiction!

Vote Here for Aquarium Advice
Old 01-18-2005, 10:06 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
lol, that is great

Old 01-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
8O What I think is odd is that none of my friends have gotten the bug. In fact all my golf buddies think I'm nuts. *LOL* But, my wife loves the fish too and that's more important. I think this is an excellent hobby for a couple to share.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:55 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to msuburg
If you want to spoil him as a good girlfriend.... J/K - but once you graduate and have a job, it'll be one of your first big investments. Trust me - that's what happened to me!

Just let him go and gawk at the fish store now and then to help satifsy the saltwater cravings!
12 Gallon Nanocube
1 Astrea Snail
1 Blue Legged Crabs
1 Scarlet Reef Crabs
Zoanthus & Mushroom Corals

-Currently upgrading to a 75g saltwater!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:18 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
So, now I'm wondering, wouldn't it be cool to set up a nano reef for him? Can all the colorful things survive in that tank as well (I was reading on some of the kits and I couldn't remember light and filtration requirements...just that is was a lot more than freshwater). I'm not entirely new to saltwater because I use to help my mom a few years ago with her 55 gallon sw tank... hmmm... it would give me a chance to start talking on the saltwater board as well
Old 01-19-2005, 12:23 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
that would make a good Valentines day gift =o)

Old 01-19-2005, 09:18 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
When my college finally pays me my commission money, I'm going to think about it...speaking of school, I've got classes to get to *sigh*

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com