now the boyfriend wants a tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I brought my boyfriend to the fish store the other day and since I'm a "freshie," I automatically headed toward the freshwater fish section. I turn around to show my boyfriend these awesome german blue rams that I've been drooling over and he isn't there. Then I hear him calling my name, so I turn some corners and find him sitting infront of this 75 gallon saltwater display tank. He just points and says "I want this tank." Of course it is full of hundreds of dollars worth of anemones, corals, fish, shrimps, etc... He was a little disappointed when he found out that tank cost around $1500. :)

I just thought it was cute so I had to share :D

There are only 2 people in my entire family that don't have fishtanks.

Its a pervasive bug that infects just about everyone :D

I just think it was funny because he picked the most expensive tank in the whole place.... oh, and he wants discus too :roll: He's got a taste for high prices :wink:

Try to talk him down to african cichlids or something like that. Lower cost and can still be very colorful. From what you describe he is going toward the coloration of the fish/corals.

I agree to get him involved with your tanks to ease him into it. Before you know it he will be an addict needing his fix of aquatic buddies.

lol, yeh. He definitly liked the pretty colors :D He knows saltwater isn't an option at the moment. It wouldn't be until AFTER we graduate and are in a somewhat permanent address. For now, he can just help out with my tanks :wink:

That is so funny! In my house, it is my wife that wanted a SW tank. She always wanted SW fishes because she finds them so colourful and diversified. Well, last November she brought up the subject and suggesting perhaps a 50 to 70 gal. tank. So, off we were, for a few weeks, visiting the LFS in our area. All the while, I was surfing the net to get some info, buying books, and found this site! Well, as people say, the rest is history! I am the one who "pushed" for a bigger tank and the "works". Her suggestion became MY addiction! :lol:

8O

8O What I think is odd is that none of my friends have gotten the bug. In fact all my golf buddies think I'm nuts. *LOL* But, my wife loves the fish too and that's more important. :wink: I think this is an excellent hobby for a couple to share.

If you want to spoil him as a good girlfriend.... :) J/K - but once you graduate and have a job, it'll be one of your first big investments. Trust me - that's what happened to me!

Just let him go and gawk at the fish store now and then to help satifsy the saltwater cravings!

So, now I'm wondering, wouldn't it be cool to set up a nano reef for him? Can all the colorful things survive in that tank as well (I was reading on some of the kits and I couldn't remember light and filtration requirements...just that is was a lot more than freshwater). I'm not entirely new to saltwater because I use to help my mom a few years ago with her 55 gallon sw tank... hmmm... it would give me a chance to start talking on the saltwater board as well :wink:

When my college finally pays me my commission money, I'm going to think about it...speaking of school, I've got classes to get to *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom