otitis media with labyrithitis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Fancy name for a ear infection that causes vertigo. I have had this now since Sunday 11-30-03 and it's already very old. I hate having everything around me moving when I'm sitting still. And the nausea is not so hot either. I'm staggering around the house like a drunk, or crawling if the vertigo is too bad. And there have been a couple of times when the vertigo was so bad I could not even crawl. Not to mention the hearing loss of my already impaired hearing and the constant ringing in my ears.

Now I know why babies with ear infections can get so cranky.

Oh bummer Rex. Inner ear infections that mess with the balance organs is the pits; thank god its not Meniere's! Friend of mine suffered from Meniere's. It was a royal PITA.

They say it can take upwards of a month to recover; are you feeling any better then you felt initially? And I'm guessing its viral (it usually is), which means nothing can really be done but suffer. *sigh*

Yep, it's viral. No antibiotics for me. And I'm feeling better than I was earlier this week. Not sure if I'm going to go to work tomorrow or not. First off I would have to drive to get there. Then stand around and case mail while turning my head back and forth. Then drive to the route and walk seven miles while climbing stairs and such. Not sure if I'm up to that yet. I'm still drinking out of a straw because to tilt my head back makes the room spin.

Wow, Rex! Glad to hear you're feeling better. I had a nasty ear infection once; I remember I was trying to walk straight and I kept turning in circles! No fun! Hope you're better soon!

yuck.

if your ear still hurts, sugar water is an excellent home remedy.

Vertigo...not as simple. Last bad case of vertigo I got, I ended up in the freakin' hospital (looooong story).

Best of Luck to you.

I'm sorry to hear that, it does sound nasty :(. Never had a bad case myself, but from hearing and seeing other people with it, I can imagine how it feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom