Pet peeves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikeeper99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is there any pet peeves you guys have when people look at your fish? Mine i when they automatically turn on the light when they approach the tank.

Tapping on the glass. I actually tell people now that if they tap on the glass I'll tap on their head with a hammer. They think I'm kidding, but don't try it ;)

Tapping on the glass. I actually tell people now that if they tap on the glass I'll tap on their head with a hammer. They think I'm kidding, but don't try it ;)

Definitely agree, hate anyone tapping on my tanks and sticky finger prints lol

I hate it when I hear people use basic names like sucker fish to describe my fish. I don't apreciate my 20 dollar butterfly loaches being called sucker fish.

I hate it when I hear people use basic names like sucker fish to describe my fish. I don't apreciate my 20 dollar butterfly loaches being called sucker fish.

Yes! The only one that doesnt bother me would be little kids calling clowns "nemo".

I hate it when my friend is trying to convince me his fish is better off because he's had a goldfish in a 5 gallon for several years and a couple of my fish died. Or when people say, he's been alive so long, he must be happy.

Or when my brothers and their friends are having a pillow fight right in front of the fish tank.

It bothers me when people try to convince me a Betta is happy in a .5 liter tank that they don't ever clean.

Also, when I try to convince people that them living in a closet is no different than having their group of fish live in just a few gallons.

I also hate it when my friends tell me they kept fish from the fair in bags or bowls.

I also hate it when my friends tell me they kept fish from the fair in bags or bowls.

Thats true and when they die thier excuse is its a fair fish they always die, which is not true my sister won four of them and i made her buy atleast a 10 gallon tank for them. Theyre only an inch not even, and theyll go into a pond when its built.

LFS staff who know me and my set-ups still asking me if I know how to acclimate fish, if I have room for them, and know that I should cycle my tank for a day before I add them. :blink:

LFS staff who know me and my set-ups still asking me if I know how to acclimate fish, if I have room for them, and know that I should cycle my tank for a day before I add them. :blink:

One day be like no i totally forgot please tell me.

My pet peeve is when people ask a question???????? Or make a statement!!!!! Or ask a question??!??!??! Or don't proofread. Lolz

That cycling is not necessary because years ago they just used to drop the fish in the tank.

When they say " I don't see how that small fish could possibly need a tank that big"

How Bout "that one guy" (and every forum has at least one) who insists that conventional wisdom is pure myth and should be disregarded. Like the guy who swears that a tang is fine in a 30 gallon and anyone who says otherwise is lying, trying to scare you, or is just stupid. He will demand a scientific study to prove what anyone who's done this a while already knows, and when confronted, claims that he is "just trying to provide complete information".

I hate it when my friend is trying to convince me his fish is better off because he's had a goldfish in a 5 gallon for several years and a couple of my fish died.

This drives me nuts. I had a friend tell me that I mess with my tanks too much because I was doing water changes during a cycle. Or that his fish are better off because I had 2 mystery betta deaths within a few weeks.
This coming from the guy that doesn't cycle, has incompatible fish/amphibious tankmates, cleans the tank once every 3 or 4 months, and doesn't even use dechlorinator in his tap water.

Seeing this description for a 9" common pleco on eBay:

"Great fish, perfect healthy condition, loves friends, approx. 9'' long. Does better if it is in a big fish tank >15 gallons would be ideal. Coloration is dark with subtle stripes."

Had to share this to keep from sending a message telling seller exactly what I think of his description and recommendations @_@

Here is the item number:

Oh yeah...starting bid is $45 x_X

Back
Top Bottom