Pink Floyd reunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome! I'm sure it will be aired somewhere (VH-1, HBO, MTV, etc). Have to watch and wait.

I was too young to have ever gone to a classic Floyd concert :? :cry: (The Wall was released when I was 11 years old). IMO, The Wall and Dark Side are among the most brilliant albums ever recorded. I wonder if they'll be hauling out the inflatible, anatomically correct pig for the G8 show? :p :lol:

"The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think.
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?" :p

When "The Wall" came out, I believe they only played in NY and LA.
BYW, I was a senior in high school at the time.
I know.......old man.... :p

:D WOW. Now it's time to do a little name dropping. I became very friendly with Roger Waters right after he broke with the band. He used to spend his summers in Southhampton on LI and I had the good fortune to meet him on the golf course and play many rounds with him. BTW, he was quite a good golfer and the first time I met him he kept his identity a secret. It wasn't until the round was over and we went to the 19th hole for drinks that I realized who he was.

I haven't had any contact with him for years and that seems a little sad to me. He's a regular Joe and never flaunted his fame. I'm thrilled he's buried that hatchet and getting together with Gilmour. He was so bitter about the break up that he tried to get Pink Floyd to change their name. I wish him well.

QTOFFER wrote:
(The Wall was released when I was 11 years old)

Quite the younster huh?

Well, I was old enough but couldn't afford the tickets

Hey I was 3 when it came out, but I can remember my dad going to the wall concert (and if memory serves me correctly it was at Nassua Coliseam, home of the world's greatest hockey team the NY Islanders)

He dragged me to a show during the delicate Sound of Thunder tour (one of the shows actually recorded for the album/video) kicking and screaming because i was in 7th grade and stupid and didnt want to go. But of course I loved it. Saw them again in 94 at Yankee stadium (only way i would set foot in that place) and at Giants stadium. Those shows were great and if this actually lead to something other then a one time 2 song set at a benifit show i couldnt even begin to imagine how great of a show they would put on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom