Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by Tetra1990
Congrats! Don't over do it. Even small water changes are better than no water changes. And you wash your hands normally after water changes already right? Just my 2 cents here.
Oh yeah I am strict about washing up after. Thanks!

Originally Posted by scottayy
Congrats! That's exciting. I think you should just err on the side of caution. Don't touch no chemicals and use the gloves in the water. That's what I would do if my fish obsessed (future, yet to be found) wife found out she were pregnant. :P
The only chemical I use is prime, so I think I'm in good shape! Good luck finding her lol

Originally Posted by hcourts
You can lift up to 30 pounds...not sure about the salmonella. I thought that was just turtles and amphibians?? Maybe snails?? Truthfully I don't think there should be too much of a problem if you practice good hand washing. I think the biggest thing would be lifting the heavy buckets and as long as the chemicals aren't rated as class c drugs/chemicals by the CDC you are fine to be around them
Thank you! I know you can call the CDC and check the classifications on just about anything, I'll definitely do that.

When I was pregnant with my two year old we had several reptiles for pets, they always told me no handling for salmonella concerns. I am glad you mentioned that, I completely forgot.

Thanks everybody, we are excited!

"Be exactly who you want to be, do what you want to do! I am he and she is she, but, you're the only YOU!"
christine2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
Not sure how big your tank is but, get you a pair of arm-length gloves, a 55 gallon Rubbermaid trash can with wheels and a small pond pump with hose. This will give extra protection to you and you can pre-treat the water before it goes into in the tank and all your hubby has to do is push the barrel to the tank for you. As far a chemicals so, just use them in a well ventilated area and wear your gloves when using them. And congrats on the future bundle of joy!

chrismiller21 is offline   Reply With Quote

maintenance, pregnancy, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com