Problems with Humidity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DirtyTankMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone ever had problems with humidity from their tanks? I have a 10 gallon and a 45 gallon in a pretty small room and I have an empty 55 gallon tank that I want to set up but I am worried mold may start to creep in..

Has anyone ever had problems with humidity from their tanks? I have a 10 gallon and a 45 gallon in a pretty small room and I have an empty 55 gallon tank that I want to set up but I am worried mold may start to creep in..

Yes I did start to see some very slight spots of mold on the drywall in my fish room which contains around 600-700g. I installed a ceiling fan and I use a small box fan, the key to prevent mold is air movement. As long as there is circulation in the room then there should not be any issues at all. You could also use a small dehumidifier, but as long as you keep the lids on the tanks and use some sort of fan for circulation you'll be fine. Luckily mine did not damage anything and simply wiped it off with bleach, cause if the house got damaged from the tanks I could assure you that the wife would upset to say the least!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom