Random question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I was sitting here staring at my tank, wondering why in earth my wife went shopping for new boots JUST for snow, I thought.... How far to you fill your tanks up! Ya know like to what level? All the way up to the top or do go below the a little so the water coming out of the filter hits the water causing agitation?

See!! Now how random was that?!? lol

Tee Hee, now that I'm condensed I keep all of my tanks filled to the lip of the rim and my cube filled to maximum :) Kept my 40g puffer tank an inch lower because puff puff broke through the seal.

I keep all my tanks full just so that the water hits the rim line... I'm always afraid they'll overflow or something so I don't like filling them too high, but I can't stand seeing empty tank space.

Yes me too and I the noise makes me have to pee a million times lol. But I read somewhere that the the water level should be lower then the water coming out of the filter.

When I was sitting here staring at my tank, wondering why in earth my wife went shopping for new boots JUST for snow, I thought.... How far to you fill your tanks up! Ya know like to what level? All the way up to the top or do go below the a little so the water coming out of the filter hits the water causing agitation?

See!! Now how random was that?!? lol

Haha .. Now you see, I thought your random question was why your wife needed new boots for snow ... As if wives needing ANY new boots needs (at least to them) explaining.:D

Yeah lol. I just handed over the credit card and now I'm waiting for her to get home so I can see these magic snow boots she just had to have.

Yeah lol. I just handed over the credit card and now I'm waiting for her to get home so I can see these magic snow boots she just had to have.

Haha ... Yep ... had to have them AFTER the blizzard .. guess it's for the next snowstorm. Do you wager those magic boots will do the shoveling?

Are you psyched to see that receipt? When my wife goes shopping, I prefer to just pass on looking at those thin pieces of paper.

Haha ... Yep ... had to have them AFTER the blizzard .. guess it's for the next snowstorm. Do you wager those magic boots will do the shoveling?

Are you psyched to see that receipt? When my wife goes shopping, I prefer to just pass on looking at those thin pieces of paper.

Yea... lol I'm gonna pass and just say... "Wow! Nice boots! They look good on you"

Let us know if she bought you a new air pump!

I keep mine filled to the bottom of the black rim- just enough so you can't see the water line when you look at the tank.

Ummm ... with Valentine's day right around the corner, perhaps we should keep this thread about water levels. I could see some of the husbands commenting about their wives boots spending needing a doghouse for the 14th.:hide:

But, if it comes to that ... I guess the "They look great! Why don't you get yourself another pair, here's my credit card" line may keep you indoors.:brows:

No guarantees.:facepalm:

Not sensible, smart!

My husband made a smart move years ago by suggesting we get married on Valentines day. He can't forget our anniversary day that way. But I didn't think it through too well, because now there's one gift for anniversary and valentine's, instead of one for each day. Clever man. :/

As for the random question, I keep my water just a little above the black line too. I like the sound the water makes when the hob skimmer and refugium dumps the water back in the tank, and it adds a little circulation too. :)

My husband made a smart move years ago by suggesting we get married on Valentines day. He can't forget our anniversary day that way. But I didn't think it through too well, because now there's one gift for anniversary and valentine's, instead of one for each day. Clever man. :/

As for the random question, I keep my water just a little above the black line too. I like the sound the water makes when the hob skimmer and refugium dumps the water back in the tank, and it adds a little circulation too. :)

Smart man! Lol.

My wife doesn't like to see the water lines so since my tank is kinda high, and you can't see through the top of water, I just keep it high enough to where you can't see it on the side. Behind the black strip per say.

My husband hates my hobby, lol, because I'm obsessed now because of my saltwater exposure.... I told him NO SALTWATER I'll lose my mind..... He bought a green spotted puffer- he started it :D

Convict.....I like your style! Perfect reply re:the boots purchase. I keep my tank about 1/2 inch from the top, provides a little water 'music' from the HOB double Bio filter but not high enough for any splash.
Get total support from my hubby with my aquarium obsession because he has 6 tortoises & would have 100 I believe if money wasn t an issue!

Convict.....I like your style! Perfect reply re:the boots purchase. I keep my tank about 1/2 inch from the top, provides a little water 'music' from the HOB double Bio filter but not high enough for any splash.
Get total support from my hubby with my aquarium obsession because he has 6 tortoises & would have 100 I believe if money wasn t an issue!

:huh: Lucky!!

I fill mine pretty much to the top, at least to the trim, but I run a canister, and if I wanted to hear the "water music" the level would be about 4" below the top. I use a bubbler to help with the oxygen. I probably don't need it, but like your wife, mine likes the look of it.

I fill mine pretty much to the top, at least to the trim, but I run a canister, and if I wanted to hear the "water music" the level would be about 4" below the top. I use a bubbler to help with the oxygen. I probably don't need it, but like your wife, mine likes the look of it.

Yea and the bubbler issue came up since plugged it in the other night she asked me I'd I just said it was broke cause when things were going down hill. It didn't look good for me lol.

I keep mine as high as possible. alil off topic has anyone ever made a rimless tank that overflows to the outside? I saw one at the lfs and I think I must have lol

Back
Top Bottom