suggestions please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
As some of you may know, a while ago I received a free 29 gallon tank that has some cracks and dings and such. Its does hold water, but with the help of some AA members I have decided not to put fish in it. I can't decide what to use it for and it is driving me CRAZY having this thing just sit empty. Rodents are out, and my husband is not so keen on the idea of hermit crabs. He said a lizard or something. Is there anything that is sorta easy to take care of (lizard or not) that will live comfortably in this tank?

WATER DRAGON!! I think water dragons are the cutest lizards around

I used to have one and I absolutely loved him. I believe a 29gal is suitable for them since they don't get super huge (but its been a while since ive done any research).

Why not set up a terrarium? You could get some nice frogs and lots of plants.

lyquidphyre said:
WATER DRAGON!! I think water dragons are the cutest lizards around

I used to have one and I absolutely loved him. I believe a 29gal is suitable for them since they don't get super huge (but its been a while since ive done any research).
I thought that water dragons got big. Do you know of one that stays small?

JG said:
Why not set up a terrarium? You could get some nice frogs and lots of plants.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Some gravel, potting soil and a few nice plants, find a couple colorful frogs and you've got sumtin nice goin!

water dragons get very big and are active they need large enclousers, a 29 is fine for awhile but they would need a much bigger tank later on.

i have a pacman frog he's great very low matience but also in active and not handleable

othere things i would recomend :

Leopard Geckos, whites tree frogs, african fat tail geckos, line day geckos, house geckos anoles, tomato frogs, small snakes (ie garder, or rough green), newts, im out of ideas but ill give more when i think of'em

My mistake about the water dragon! I had one years ago but I apparently I don't remember all the facts about em!

Most garter snakes exceed 30", some reaching as much as 44"....a small snake would be a Florida brown (Storeria dekayi) or one of the worm snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom