tank background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
is it really nessacery im goin to my lfs today for some fish will it greatly improve the visiual appeal? if so il spring the extra buck for it what do you guys think?

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

Well the main purpose for the background IMO is to reduce shadows behind the tank that could stress out your fish...but I'm planning on just planting my tank with real plants so the background plants should take care of that!

A tank without a background looks bad IMO. Wires, filters, etc showing greatly reduce the visual appeal. You can put tall plants in the back, but it still doesn't give the right look. A dark, solid colored background makes any tank look 100% better than a tank without one IMO

mfdrookie516 said:
A tank without a background looks bad IMO. Wires, filters, etc showing greatly reduce the visual appeal. You can put tall plants in the back, but it still doesn't give the right look. A dark, solid colored background makes any tank look 100% better than a tank without one IMO

Ya, I've noticed that too...I guess you just have to make sure you do a neat job applying it or it could bubble or what not...and that doesn't look that great either IMO

I got one today for my 40b... I had them cut it to 38" and it cost $2.99. It is reversible, has black on one side, blue on the other. Took double sided tape, put it up to my tank, and took a razor blade and trimmed it to fit.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
thanks il prob pic one up there cheap right?

Ya I think they are fairly cheap...I just took the old one off the tank I just bought...had a plant and drift wood theme...but I forgot to look at the price on it...sorry

Hiya, noob here! First post too! May sound like a dumb question but here goes........so tank backgrounds go in the tank or outside on the back?

Chilly said:
Hiya, noob here! First post too! May sound like a dumb question but here goes........so tank backgrounds go in the tank or outside on the back?

Not dumb at all!! Welcome :) hope you enjoy the site...with that said, there are backgrounds for both! Usually the plastic sheets are for outside...but there are some backgrounds you can silicone to the inside of your tank! I think that's more permanent though

Joyler said:
Not dumb at all!! Welcome :) hope you enjoy the site...with that said, there are backgrounds for both! Usually the plastic sheets are for outside...but there are some backgrounds you can silicone to the inside of your tank! I think that's more permanent though

Absolute perfect reply! Thanks, just the response I was looking for! AND, thanks for the warm welcome :)

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
how should i attach it tape? n they go on the outside

Like mfd said...I think the best way is double side tape...those kind do go on the outside

Chilly said:
Absolute perfect reply! Thanks, just the response I was looking for! AND, thanks for the warm welcome :)

Your welcome :) what is your setup?

Joyler said:
Your welcome :) what is your setup?

Set up......I really should get this in my profile when I get a minute...anyways - brand new to the hobby so it's a case of: JUWEL KORALL 54 litre tropical tank, currently being cycled with 2x Zebra Danios, 2 x Leopard Danios & 2 x Blue Neon Tetras. 15% water changes every 2 days and will be introducing an Ancistrus next week. Oh, I also have one resident snail, tiny thing, that came on a plant! Set up is 2 days old.

Chilly said:
Set up......I really should get this in my profile when I get a minute...anyways - brand new to the hobby so it's a case of: JUWEL KORALL 54 litre tropical tank, currently being cycled with 2x Zebra Danios, 2 x Leopard Danios & 2 x Blue Neon Tetras. 15% water changes every 2 days and will be introducing an Ancitrus next week. Oh, I also have one resident snail, tiny thing, that came on a plant! Set up is 2 days old.

You should go to the introduction forum...introduce yourself to everyone, and put up pictures of your tank! Everyone really enjoys that! It is fun to see what other people do...I just got my tank a 50 gallon, and I just cleaned it out...people were pestering me to put up pictures of it dirty (how I bought it) it's great!

Joyler said:
You should go to the introduction forum...introduce yourself to everyone, and put up pictures of your tank! Everyone really enjoys that! It is fun to see what other people do...I just got my tank a 50 gallon, and I just cleaned it out...people were pestering me to put up pictures of it dirty (how I bought it) it's great!

Will do just that. Thanks for you're help joyler :)

I don't use backgrounds anymore on my tanks. I use spray paint, and the tanks look great. It's best doing it when the tank is empty of course, and tape off the sides and seal the top closed so no overspray gets inside. I use textured paint, and I've also done a couple in solid colors. Looks awesome.

Lonewolfblue said:
I don't use backgrounds anymore on my tanks. I use spray paint, and the tanks look great. It's best doing it when the tank is empty of course, and tape off the sides and seal the top closed so no overspray gets inside. I use textured paint, and I've also done a couple in solid colors. Looks awesome.

that sounds really cool can you post a pic?

Back
Top Bottom