Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #101
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I am old school. I have never found a "instant" saltwater biological additive that worked any better than seeding a few pieces of live rock and waiting a bit. The live sand I saw them adding looked to be in dry bags and would seem to have little biology going on there. Again, I like their traditional tanks, but their theme tanks are as worthless as the choppers they build on American Chopper. A giant bubble gum machine fish tank in the Vegas outdoors is asking for trouble. And some of them look impossible to clean.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #102
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've been watching a few episodes in HD ever since I got this giant new TV. It's grown on me compared to how I felt earlier.

When you step back and realize it's scripted reality, then it's OK. I disliked the show at first, but gave it a shot for watching just the aquarium stuff. The made up drama between the people sucks though. I ignore that stuff.

I'm looking forward to the new episode on Sat the 15th, with Neal Patrick Harris and his Houdini tank. Ought to be worth watching.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #103
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy
I've been watching a few episodes in HD ever since I got this giant new TV. It's grown on me compared to how I felt earlier.

When you step back and realize it's scripted reality, then it's OK. I disliked the show at first, but gave it a shot for watching just the aquarium stuff. The made up drama between the people sucks though. I ignore that stuff.

I'm looking forward to the new episode on Sat the 15th, with Neal Patrick Harris and his Houdini tank. Ought to be worth watching.
Are you kidding me!? Anything with NPH is worth watching!

I agree- the constant joking and "put downs" between the cast is annoying. But I can ignore that enough to see the amazing tanks they build! I wish they'd have CUC's. That would be fun to see.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #104
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yup, the previews looked very nice.

Hopefully not as campy and fake as the Tracy Morgan episode. I think I'd be able to be around Tracy Morgan for ten minutes before asking him to turn it down a few dozen notches.

Breaking News - Neil Patrick Harris Calls in Animal Planet's "Tanked" for His Hollywood "Magic Castle" | TheFutonCritic.com
Old 09-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #105
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy
Yup, the previews looked very nice.

Hopefully not as campy and fake as the Tracy Morgan episode. I think I'd be able to be around Tracy Morgan for ten minutes before asking him to turn it down a few dozen notches.

Breaking News - Neil Patrick Harris Calls in Animal Planet's "Tanked" for His Hollywood "Magic Castle" | TheFutonCritic.com
I LOVE TRACY MORGAN!!! He looks soo fun to be around. My fav cousin looks and acts just like him lol
Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #106
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sitting in the ER w/ my daughter (she hurt her arm) and I'm thinking this waiting room needs a big old' reef tank with some reAlly bright fish.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #107
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

That's what got me into it as a kid, hospital visits. They had a big fresh water tank. Hope all goes well.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #108
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have to admit the guys are pretty hilarious but they do not practice good fish keeping habits.. I mean who is stupid enough to put a fish tank in a window
Old 09-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #109
Aquarium Advice Addict

She has probably broken her forearm... They've ordered X-rays. They need a fish mural painted on the wall in this exam room.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #110
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
She has probably broken her forearm... They've ordered X-rays. They need a fish mural painted on the wall in this exam room.
Would be nice until someone with Ichthyophobia was admitted.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com