Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

'Tanked' tv show

Hey guys! I just caught a few episodes of 'Tanked' on Animal Planet. Just wondering, what do you guys think of it? It looks like they tend to overstock their tanks. But it's a cute show!

Old 04-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's entertaining and funny. Some of builds are pretty cool. I get a kick outta redneck.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Saw one where they were building a tank inside an old car. Made it look like the fish were swimming around in the car. You could see then through the windows. It was pretty cool
Old 04-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

That show is awesome , I wish they said the prices of how much the tanks cost!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix22 View Post
That show is awesome , I wish they said the prices of how much the tanks cost!!!
Thousands. Lol but still cool
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I can't even imagine how much those tanks cost! I loved the one they did that was like a headboard so could lay in bed and watch the fish swimming over you. So cool. I also saw them make an 8 gallon tank out of a tv and they put 3 rainbow sharks and several bala shark in there too, plus some guppies and I was like woah slow down. 8 gallons? Way too small for those fish, am I right?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I tried watching it when I first heard about it, but I just can't stand the stupid "reality show" dialogue and the obviously staged antics of the stars. I hate reality tv. Not too fond of the overstocking and poor stocking practices in general, and I have heard that a lot of the tanks failed quickly. It's good for introducing people to the hobby, but I think the way they edit and present it is probably just contributing to people buying tanks and throwing whatever fish they like in there immediately.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think the shows pretty good.

I liked the show Tank Kings.
Not sure if its still on, but they seemed like they knew what they were doing. They didnt overstock their tanks, and im pretty sure they used live rock some times, and not fake inserts like tanked.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's one thing I found they always use fake stuff I'd like to see more real reef tanks I understand they use the inserts when the fish aren't reef compatible but when there are reef compatible fish it would be good also if they done a quick brief thing on cycling and stuff like that also they do have really bad reality tv dialogs
Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
Fish R friends, not food!

I like seeing the strange kinds of tanks they build. But, it seems more lately there is a big part of the show that has nothing to do with the tanks. Now they seem to be having one major problem that will cause them not to get the tank done, and then they miraculously find a replacement or fix the problem and all is well. Living in Vegas I have seen a few of the tanks that they have done here fail within the first year. (phone booth, gumball machine being examples)

spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com