The plight of the betta continues...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieGal

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was watching TV the other day, and it had MTV "Cribs", where celebrities show off their homes.

Anyhooo, some moron sports guy (have no idea who he was but he was filthy rich) was wondering around his house, showing off his wealth and he gets to the kitchen and says "this is the only lady I share my house with". He points to this tiny little jar on the bench (smaller than your fist)with a sorrowful betta floating in it. No gravel, no air, no heater... NOTHING. He's like "she's a bit sick at the moment, don't know whats wrong with her"...(firstly, its a male!!!!)...

I thought, showing a celebrity on MTV owning a betta in a jar, is not going to help the cause! :evil: :evil: :evil:

This is something that is so huge but such a problem the only way we will ever tackle the problem with fish not being properly kept is if so famous person mentions it somewhere... ya know? Cuz more people will listen to Britney Spears or Rafael Palmero (sp?) than someone who knows what they are talking about.

It is sad that bettas die that way, and I must admit with my three bettas I took good care of them but looking back it wasn't as good as it should have been. (They did last for over a year tho).

Anyways, I believe there is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge pond in Heaven where all FW fish get along and live happily together and Id rather there be more bettas in this fw pond in heaven then in the hands of ignorant people *nod*

true. but i think the people got the tiny tank idea from their homelands. (i think) in dry season they only have a little water (to splash around in) and they can live that way. i heard that somewhere and i dont know how credible that is.

oh yeah it was the dumb lady at wal mart :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom