Tidying up 90g wires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StrangelyNormal

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all.

I have a 90g and two ten gallons. All of them, obviously, have wires behind them. How do you tidy up wires for your tanks? The 90g has the two filters, heater, and lights. Overall, not a ton of wires, but I still need to tidy them up.

The ten gallon has an air pump, a filter, and a heater. How do I tidy up the wires? What can I use?

(NOTE: I am interested in getting a kitten, and thus need to protect the kitten from the fish tank wires. I can't seem to find any info on fish tank wires and kittens. All of my tanks have solid tops so that is not a worry, but the wires are).

Plastic wire tubes like you find in cars. Cut it one side, put the wires in, let it close back up.

Plastic tubes didn't work as planned because the wires go upward and the plastic tube would probably fall.. Any way to just block the back of the tank?

I tie mine with the color-coded velcro and protect them with Gallon size freezer bags to keep the water from coming into contact with them..
Raise em as high off the floor as you can while still maintaining a drop so the water drips away from the plug if they do get wet and either put them in the freezer bag or get some sticky-tab plastic pegs and loop them on the hook and tape the freezer bag to the wall around them... depending on the amount of room between yr tank and wall you should be ok with the cat/s...

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just use PVC. It'll be a little more expensive than some of the other options (but not much more) and you can build and paint it to your specifications.

Back
Top Bottom