(Update) How do you like your coffee? ****

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to have coffee every morning. If I don't have it I don't wake up and I walk around like a zombie whole day long....
I drink it with milk.
And Toirtis.............4 liters a day??? Whew, I would jump through the roof on that amount.

Tortis,
Three of my 52oz cups have Jeff Gordon on them..LOL(of coures).
The other has the American flag on it and it was an X-mass gift from my son last year.

Everyone at work calls me coffee cup because I always have that big cup close by.

If it wasn't such a hassle to bring such a big mug on the bus everyday during rush hour, I would have one. Instead I settle for Tim Horton's at school! (at least once an hour x-large 3cream, 3 sugar)

On weekends my BF and I go through about 2-3 pots at least in a day!

We LOOOOOVE our coffee!! :D

8O

Billsgate said:
And Toirtis.............4 liters a day??? Whew, I would jump through the roof on that amount.

Believe it or not, even with that amount, I can lay down on the couch at any time of day and be snoozing inside of 2 minutes.

Well, I like my coffee also, none of this "special" stuff, just plain old maxwell house, brewed in my Bunn coffee maker, not too strong. and black. 2 to 3 pot a day. I also can drink a pot and go lay down and go right to sleep. Of course My 2 to 3 pots a day is down from 6 or 7 when I was single. I only drink out of my 32oz "to go" mug as my wife calls it.

Ok...I didn't intend to drag all the caffeine addicts outta the closet! :lol: I really just wanted to know some info on the Gevalia system. Whew! I thought my addiction was bad but these guys have me beat in every way.

BillyZ - The caffeine soap is just too much
:morning: :bulb:

TankGirl -- where did you hear about that Toddy coffee system? I'll admit I'm interested. Does it taste that much better, even microwaved? (I don't add sugar or milk/cream).

PG! Long time no "see" :D

My aunt somehow got started on this, probably as a gift, got my mother into it, and she got me hooked. Our local mom 'n pop coffee shop has the supplies.

I think it does taste better, since I have always been sensitive to how long the pot has been sitting on the burner. I would always wind up dumping out half the pot because it had been on there longer than 15-20 minutes, at which point I did not like the taste anymore. My mother always makes hers by putting in the concentrate, filling with water, then nuking it, and it does not seem to taste any different than when I make it using boiling water into the mug. Once you get hooked on it, it can be a pain, because if you run out you have to wait 12-15 hours to make your new batch - you have to think ahead!

Jchillin- I think it is a great thread you started! Are you going to continue to get the Gevalia coffee? I do think once you get the gift items they will automatically send you coffee, so be ready to cancel if you don't want it. Just call them up and tell them you don't want it anymore - they're used to it :wink:

Glad you asked TG! I'm really considering it since the original offer saved me so much $$$. I was browsing their gifts and they have some absolutely terrific merchandise. As long as they keep the prices within reason, I just might do it. LOL, I really got it for the coffee maker and the mugs :wink:

Hi TG :D I've been laying low (except on the plant forums). Among other things, I finally burned out to answering questions.

I wonder if the same effect would be from soaking the coffee grains in any container, and then somehow filtering out the grains? Really interesting! I have to say I'm intrigued! I'm close to buying it but I'm not there yet. :)

There is no reason you could not rig up something like this cold-brew method yourself. This setup has a very thick (1/4") piece of dense felt that is used as a filter in the bottom of the plastic carafe, as I imagine the pressure of all that water and grinds would be way too much for a paper filter, but a little experimenting might bear fruit.

Well, I'm glad to see your handle show up now and again - I understand about being burned out, and you certainly deserve a break, but don't be a stranger :wink:

Jchillin is gonna wring my neck for bogarting his thread.... :roll:

oscarbreeder said:
Very educational indeed..as I sit here with my 3rd 52oz cup today

I would hope it's right next to you :wink:

I'm thinking of starting a new organization!

Caffiene Overindulgers Anonymous (COA).

This organization will be chartered for the sole purpose of getting everyone together to address this obviously serious issue.

Membership qualifications - You must consume mass quantities of coffee on a daily basis. I think I know who the leaders should be :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom