What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could use 2 of a necessary size to cover they are pretty flat to nest together. They aren't good enough for shrimp or newborn fry but otherwise I think would keep most fish out.

That’s a great idea. Thanks. The weir openings are big, it’s a 220 gallon tank that was used at the Children’s Museum downtown. The young dojos that went over were 4-5” long & skinny. Problem is they like hanging out at the waterline. Active little guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0792.jpg
    IMG_0792.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Went and picked up some fish from a lady who's son couldn't take them back after a long time when he moved. And a donation tank and stand for C.A.S. 65G with stand and 2 filters and misc. Fish stuff.

Saturday was the CAS auction. I think the Boesemani Rainbow fish got too cold and 2 of the 3 died and lost a few of the 12 Red Pencilfish. I had to start feeding some antibiotic flake. Today I didn't see any deaths, so I am hopeful they are on the upswing of health. So disappointing

Got 3 small-medium Clown Loaches and 2 Kuhli Loaches to go with my handful from the lady donating the tank and 2 small ones from the CAS auction. This was kind of in pre preparation in case I don't get a bigger tank next year and need to remove my 2 larger ones if they get a couple inches bigger next year.

Not my tank, but we are at a friend's house for a birthday party and they have a tiny 20 litre tank with 1 zebra danio in it. One of the kids at the party decided the danio was hungry and dumped half a botte of fish food in there.

xTKhRTD.jpeg

So my job at the party is to retrieve the fish and try and clean up the aquarium.

Not my tank, but we are at a friend's house for a birthday party and they have a tiny 20 litre tank with 1 zebra danio in it. One of the kids at the party decided the danio was hungry and dumped half a botte of fish food in there.

xTKhRTD.jpeg

So my job at the party is to retrieve the fish and try and clean up the aquarium.
This is why you hide fish food when you are having company. That and put a big sign on the tank that says " Look with your eyes, not with your hands." :facepalm:

xTKhRTD.jpeg

Well, I missed this post earlier, but how lucky that one lil fish was that you were there!

My dad with Alzheimers, once fed about an ounce or 2 of freeze-dried chicken cat food topper treat to my one Betta in a 5G tank.....:hide:

I have been missing everyone around here. I am hoping to be around more. This week I began planning 2 new projects, one at a time though for a fun Multi color types Bee shrimp tank again, and a breeding project. Even in the last 2 years, there have been quite a few advancements in color morphs and shrimp lines. At the moment am inquiring about several options.

Love OEBTs and higher-grade Blue Bolts, Extreme BB and Boas. My eyes have been following a number of breeders and sellers who import. We will just have to see what falls into my lap / tank!

Big day of fish tank maintenance.

72G scrape the inside glass and wipe the outside glass. Removed some pesky BBA at the outflow area. While the water was low I sprayed a bunch with peroxide and scraped it off the out-flow nozzles.

Did the usual 35G pwc where the water loses suction on the filter, using the filter drain spout. I then filled it up over halfway and restarted the filter to drain more and added a few buckets while it was still draining. It had been way too long since the large pwc was done so I did it over a number of hours
to not over do the changes in water quality/similarities.

All fish seem happy.

Then at the end of the day cleaned out a very mucky canister FX-5 on the 72G. Wasn't sure I would have enough time, but yes! (y)

During the waiting time got the glass cleaned on the 12G white Edge. Some inside and all wiped off outside and top. I wiped off the light coved and after it dried, I put tiny duct tape pieces over the blue light areas in hopes of reducing some algae growth around the top.

Also a 3.5G pwc.

30G 25% pwc

Cleaned up my big mess!

Technically today but from midnight to 2:00 am was acclimating fish and setting up QT tanks for the fish.

Got a couple red crabs. Acclimated them to the brackish Red Mangrove.

They have a few rocks to climb on, but I wanted to make them a beach. I will be keeping just 1 in the end, I have someone who would like one but isn't ready for it quite yet, new home in around a month. So it will have eventually, a beachy hangout.

And it was CAS fish club night. Fish were barely selling for any money at the mini auction. I got 3 trios of Blue veiltail Guppies for Appx $14. One male had a bit of Purple in his tail.

Got a mature Turquoise Rainbow Female for $4. huge beautiful blue.

And a bunch of assorted colored Platy for a friend's tank. They are all in QT for a deworming treatment and observation for awhile.

Also got some pods and phyto for the brackish tank and Chaeto. Busy 2 days.

Got a message for a "rescue" of 3 tanks of fish from a home where someone/ roomie never came back to get their 3 aquariums of fish for 3 months and they need someone else to move in that room. I guess the fish aren't paying their rent. So will be taking a look in the morning and, grabbing some of the fish out and maybe a small fish tank.

Not a clue how many there are all together. Was told "Lots and lots". I have help coming Saturday to move the stands and bigger aquariums. Love fish. Wouldn't want them flushed!

Moving my QT fish into the 30 gallon after checking which of the 30G resident fish can move to my 72G or 12G to make a better space for the foster fish. I know there are a handful and there aren't that many left in there right now anyway. Never a dull moment.

Back
Top Bottom