What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Planning on picking up some blueberry shrimp tonight from my LFS. I seen that they got a new fw and sw shipment in today.

I did get my shrimp! The plan was to get 10-12 of them, but after I seen the size of them and the price. I only got 5 of them. They were around 1/4 of an inch and $9.99 a pop. Spent $50 on 5 shrimp, yikes!

Added my power head n looked at another one might buy a smaller on to stick on the other side
.. buyin some more food n rocks. My 6 mainganos arrive tomorrow .. guy said they are around 2" ..

Planning on picking up some blueberry shrimp tonight from my LFS. I seen that they got a new fw and sw shipment in today.

I did get my shrimp! The plan was to get 10-12 of them, but after I seen the size of them and the price. I only got 5 of them. They were around 1/4 of an inch and $9.99 a pop. Spent $50 on 5 shrimp, yikes!

It is so scary, just keep the water very clean! :)

50% clean on my bettas tank and filters rinsed. Bought a new Apple snail baby last week and it's mowed down my plants! Off to buy some more tomorrow

What kind of baby does that?

Is it a Spixi snail or Columbian Ram? My Apple snails eat algae not my plants!

My others don't either lol I'm wondering if its a cana snail I, ve had one of those before she got huge and cost me a fortune on plants. My columbian doesn't even eat my plants there well fed! I, ve gone on to applesnail.net and asked them!

My others don't either lol I'm wondering if its a cana snail I, ve had one of those before she got huge and cost me a fortune on plants. My columbian doesn't even eat my plants there well fed! I, ve gone on to applesnail.net and asked them!

Never had one of those which eats everything in sight! Anubias are supposed to be more resistant to being eaten due to their more solid leaves. Time to start feeding a chunk of cucumber or zucchini or something to keep it away from the real plants.

Never had one of those which eats everything in sight! Anubias are supposed to be more resistant to being eaten due to their more solid leaves. Time to start feeding a chunk of cucumber or zucchini or something to keep it away from the real plants.

I know lol I put blanched food in a lot, my others eat it but she just wanders off and eats a plant! Even caught her floating around the tank with a stem

ForumRunner_20130206_184838.jpg

I know lol I put blanched food in a lot, my others eat it but she just wanders off and eats a plant! Even caught her floating around the tank with a stem

View attachment 150244

aahhhh caught in the act! I would call that one DE-struck-TOR! :ROFLMAO: And give it its own tank with Elodia, blanched foods and algae tabs!

Cleaned filter and pwc on 37G.

Added a couple apple and mystery snails to the Betta tank to see if they eat Hydra, some posts suggest they do. The Betta probably isn't gonna like it. Supposed to get my medicine back this week from the gal I let borrow it for the Hydra. So in the mean time...snails it is!

50 percent water change in 125 tilly tank. completly broke down and reset up cannister filter on his tank (theres 3 other filters for the bb). wife hung fake plants in the 55 and took some floating driftwood for it to. moved catfish. realized he was alot bigger than before, need to wait till this weekend after hes chilled out to remove half the rocks and make just 1 or 2 caves. considering instead to take the 7 cories the 2 bn`s and clown pleco out of the 150 and put them in the 55 and move that catfish over to the 150. Still up in the air over it. I have another cat in a 125 but also male and they dont play well together:(. Tank as it was after moving him, he wedged himself in the first cave on the left next to his hide-a-log.
img_2326407_0_69964d22d7cfa5336fc5e28de433dae6.jpg

What are you going to be feeding them?

I have quite a wide range of food for both of my tanks. Flakes,shrimp pellets, bottom feeder tablets and algae wafers. They are in with neons, i am praying that they don't get eaten! But I have plenty of cover so they should be ok.

How often do you Change your water?

So I am in one of my LFS and this one happened to be the one that gave me the Ich I have been. They are nice and I like to chat, I just need to make sure to Qt for a 3 week period. So I see this guy and he is looking in the tank, both Salt and Fresh. Thinking hey a new Aquarist potential Friend! I start asking about his tank. He has now joined our community! Welcome Toddytanks!

My mainganos didnt come in today should b here tomorrow :( .. checked on my plants alil more noticed the leaves are gone on half of them .. looked on another plant n saw the cories on one n the otos on another my gourami going bak n forth to both but i think it was just being nosey.. only thing left un touched is the moss ball .. africans still doing good with fake plants.. the biggest yellow lab tries to taste the stem from time to time then realizes its nasty n not food... :)

Cleaned out both AC110's and put new sponge in one keeping the old sponge in the other. Changed out all purigen and poly fill :)

Clean tank, clear water! I'm a happy guy!

Back
Top Bottom