What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a 40% water change. Added some more plants in the back.

Attachments

• image-882690624.jpg
    image-882690624.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 96
Put a new bulb in my 5.5g . . . WOW! I hadn't realized how bad the light had gotten, now I know I need to change out the bulbs for my 10g tanks.

Attachments

• image-1705570868.jpg
    image-1705570868.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 88
Water change on the 75g and cleaned one of my AC110's next week I'll clean the other. That's pretty much it. Oh and I tested parameters.

Ammonia 0
NitrAtes 10
Nitrites 0
pH 8.0

Temp 78.6

It looked clean enough after one rinse but she made me keep cleaning five more times. Glad she helped me set it up. We need to add a stone that makes bubbles and fix the light but here is my first tank.

Lookin' good, Welcome BlueCrawDaddy!

Oops forgot to list what else. Have done small pwc on 37 since I forgot my vac at the other house.

Filled water in the 16G shrimp tank and the pond.

There were some plants which absolutely don't like the 37G tank for some reason and are leaving nasty dead slimy stems and leaves all over. Did a quick trim from some remaining old, bad leaves from the end of the heat and salt damage from the Ich treatment around 3 months ago. Almost everything else looks better, but hasn't had the love I normally would have given it.

Work jammed up so maybe will get to it if not later this week next. Changing the sand out to Garnet and moving the tank (37G) to it's new place! That one is getting a new background too, something metal looking I think. It will be changing from a double side open view to up against a wall.

Moved my 110 filter over there to the 37G from my quarantine tank to blow some gunk around and clean it up some, will try for regular pwc tomorrow.

Checked on the Tiger shrimp and there are still some in there, lol.

The foaming Edge6.6G tank seems to have officially stopped foaming. I see a few bubbles up top but will get it moved and see how the big water change goes.

Gotta sell off some Java moss and other misc., gotta figure how much there is to post.

50% water change today and gravel vacuum. My ASI freshwater kit should be in tomorrow. Maybe I will have a better piece of mind on my levels. You all keep me worried with your criticism of the strips.

I had been given a fairly new bottle of Jungle strips, now another company took them over maybe Tetra. Anyway they were 6 in 1 and very good for a quick test. there are several instances of strips not working, with manufacturer deficiencies and sometimes mishandling by consumers. One thing is the lid on tight and have the moisture absorber to keep it "fresh/accurate", and always did a double check with a liquid test/fish store test sometimes, every few weeks or so to make sure. So as long as you v=have had a double check recently I wouldn't worry since you are getting the liquid! (y)

Yesterday I cleaned the inside glass of all 3 tanks and I got a scarlet cleaner shrimp for my birthday! He's so cool! He's in my 10 gal nano. Blue (my yellow tailed damsel) was all up in arms about having a new tank mate. Swimming around with his fins all extended. He decided he likes him though. Now to think of a name...

50 % clean on my bettas tank and filters rinsed. Definitely want a new filter for my 16gallon really don't like the two i have.
Pwc on my elephant nose tank and filters rinsed. Not to sure if i like my sand its been in 3 weeks now and it still gets cloudy.

ForumRunner_20130331_145701.jpg

ForumRunner_20130331_145937.jpg

My elephant nose checking out his new plants

50 % clean on my bettas tank and filters rinsed. Definitely want a new filter for my 16gallon really don't like the two i have.
Pwc on my elephant nose tank and filters rinsed. Not to sure if i like my sand its been in 3 weeks now and it still gets cloudy.

My elephant nose checking out his new plants

Looks good even with the cloudiness. :) I love the natural look.

Phosphates spiked this morning but nitrites still off the charts so doing a like 75% wc and will keep monitoring levels - hopefully the cycle is almost over!

Did pwc on all 6 of my tanks . Transferred my flameback fry to the 40 grow out tank . Move my holding female to the hospital tank so she can release her fry . Moved some females out of my show tank . Now going to sit back and relax...

Top trimmed the Myrio in my 30g and replanted tops. Took out some sickly Ludwigia Glandulosa that my dual 24" T5 HO's are not strong enough for. Found some good alternatives on Extraplant.com. Spent last two days catching 8 of 9 zebra danios(minnows with superchargers). Got them in a breeder box. Taking to my daughter's tank tomorrow. The ninth one has got me beat so far. I'm thinking about renting a scuba outfit and speargun, maybe dynamite and/or a DC electric shocker! LOL.
Catching fish in a heavily planted tank is something that would make even Job cuss!
Caudially. OS

Nothing like losing power. Did a pwc on all fish tanks n added battery operated air stones been keeping the water circulating and watching the heat but since its hotter in the south i doubt that will be a problem.. wasnt really bad weather in my area so not sure why our lights are even out.. its 1am n the power was supposed to be back on at 430p n at 9p :( someone has to monitor everything and i gotta wake the hubby up for work in an hour. Hopefully I dont lose anyone ill send the hubby for water if i cant do water changes tomorrow

Bought new T5 lighting for my aquarium so I can start buying more complex plants! Yay!! I should be expecting it within the week!

Back
Top Bottom