What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
During the moving process, my last tank 37G at the old house has been unplugged at least 2x for unknown for sure periods of time and now I have ICH.

I am moving it today to the new house already started moving up the temp it should be at 84 by the end of today. I need to get out my few snails some of the plants and I will probably use this as an excuse to change this tank from white construction sand to black sand or Eco-Complete. Any other ideas would be appreciated! lol But probably go bare bottom for the treatment period with heat and salt. I also have a UV sterilizer given to me but have never tried it out, probably will now!

Right now it is Cardinals and a few Guppies and some Cories and other community fish. But it will eventually go to my moms house in a few months and she will have a hope to be breeding pair of Koi Angels. :D

Yesterday filled pond and added water to 37G for evaporation.

Found out my prefilter fell off in my Red Cherry Edge tank and I know I had 1-2 shrimp due with new babies so I hope I caught it in time :eek:!

Trying a new food for the bottom feeders, Omega One Shrimp Pellets. Never considered it as I thought it was just a pellet consisting of shrimp. BUT it has so much more variety of some good stuff and very little wheat flour!

Also posted a drawing for this if anyone is interested in entering...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/raok-free-petrified-wood-stone-usa-only-259738.html

During the moving process, my last tank 37G at the old house has been unplugged at least 2x for unknown for sure periods of time and now I have ICH.

I am moving it today to the new house already started moving up the temp it should be at 84 by the end of today. I need to get out my few snails some of the plants and I will probably use this as an excuse to change this tank from white construction sand to black sand or Eco-Complete. Any other ideas would be appreciated! lol But probably go bare bottom for the treatment period with heat and salt. I also have a UV sterilizer given to me but have never tried it out, probably will now!

Right now it is Cardinals and a few Guppies and some Cories and other community fish. But it will eventually go to my moms house in a few months and she will have a hope to be breeding pair of Koi Angels. :D

Yesterday filled pond and added water to 37G for evaporation.

Found out my prefilter fell off in my Red Cherry Edge tank and I know I had 1-2 shrimp due with new babies so I hope I caught it in time :eek:!

Trying a new food for the bottom feeders, Omega One Shrimp Pellets. Never considered it as I thought it was just a pellet consisting of shrimp. BUT it has so much more variety of some good stuff and very little wheat flour!

Also posted a drawing for this if anyone is interested in entering...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/raok-free-petrified-wood-stone-usa-only-259738.html

I use the omega one shrimp pellets and they're a hit!! My black skirts eat them whole, the cores love em, Bolivian rams enjoy them and my ghost shrimp carry them around and defend the heck out of them! Even my male betta will pick at them.

Headed back to town got home yesterday moved the crawfish over to the 20g and setup my betta with his divided side of the 10g .. but the filter had burned up .. it has been acting up and losing all water at varied times so i wa gonna gwt a new one next week anyway but kinda need it now so im gonna try n find 2 one for each side of the divider that doesnt take up so much room n small heaters for both sides too the one i have my betta keeps flaring up at his reflection...

Hectic day! Got up this morning to find some of my amanos dying they seemed to act strange after i added new plants yesterday so I changed some water, then this evening i did a large pwc so I'm keeping my fingers crossed alls well tomorrow as I have a shipment of cherries coming on Tuesday yikes!
After cleaning my elephant nose tank out twice i fed him live bloodworm and my betta had live mysis. I hope tomorrow isn't as bad as today :)

My new marble sailfin Pleco! I thought I wanted something different but when I saw this guy I wanted him!! By the time he gets big ill have a larger tank for sure, love the guy!

image-1718617323.jpg

Changed my 20 gal grow-out tank for my yellow labs to aragonite. They're like little kids digging in the sand fun to watch and the lighting is so much better than the dark gravel I had.

so mom's 55 gallon all of a sudden was "messy". filter intake screen was 100% clogged with what I can only describe as a "fluffy substance", and remnants of it floating everywhere. I had just switched food and thought maybe she overfed, but I know she is always careful. It's EVERYWHERE. I noticed one of the Bala Sharks is missing......:facepalm:

Been scooping up all this stuff with a net for two days and doing water changes. the tube wont pick up the "stuff" because it's too heavy.

Today I saw this gem floating by:
dscf2323g.jpg

So yea, been cleaning up the 55 today. Then I go back home and break down my 20H. some mystery black worm things are in it and my pleco "disappeared". I got alot going on :banghead:

so mom's 55 gallon all of a sudden was "messy". filter intake screen was 100% clogged with what I can only describe as a "fluffy substance", and remnants of it floating everywhere. I had just switched food and thought maybe she overfed, but I know she is always careful. It's EVERYWHERE. I noticed one of the Bala Sharks is missing......:facepalm:

Been scooping up all this stuff with a net for two days and doing water changes. the tube wont pick up the "stuff" because it's too heavy.

Today I saw this gem floating by:
dscf2323g.jpg

So yea, been cleaning up the 55 today. Then I go back home and break down my 20H. some mystery black worm things are in it and my pleco "disappeared". I got alot going on :banghead:

Well that is very sad but now you know what caused that. I understand that all too well.

So I got my 37G moved and due to the Ich i tossed out the sand and rinsed off the rocks and set a few of the big ones in there. My water had got up to 85, so when I put in the new water I made it 88F in hopes that the Ich would die/not be able to reproduce. Kept out all old water also. Took out as many Rams horn snails as I could and the Amano shrimp, and Mystery snail and all but a couple sword plants and the Salvinia Minima I put a little of that back and my driftwood has a little moss growing on it so I took off the floaty stuff and left what had grown on.

Found that a guppy had just dropped fry and had to hunt for teeny tiny babies in the middle of the debris in the bottom of the tank before I moved it.

So when I went to drain the tank to move it, I noticed my little Albino BN Pleco didn't shimmy off of the overflow filter pad when I went to catch him and realized he had become stuck in the pad so I ended up cutting a little of the pad off so he could get out of there!

I found I had 5 Otos still and my 5 assorted Cories. My big fat Spotted Rafael Cat seemed very annoyed at loosing his hidey hole!

Got home and noticed a funny smell. Looked in my MTS holding bucket and no air was bubbling from my bubbler :banghead::facepalm: Closer I got the worst the smell and I checked the air pump and it was working :confused:, then noticed the tubing was bent backwards forming a closure under the unit stopping the air from getting to the tub:eek:.

Also had a Mystery Snail and some misc. Ramshorns too. I could see some MTS still alive but the stench was fierce! Rinsed it out and rescued a few RH, MS and MTS. There were definitely some losses though.

I am over my head with the moving and trying to do some renovations/house repairs, work and family and broken cars /and fixing cars, and not able to , and all the stuff going on with the tanks. :nono:

Also found a bloated Gourami in the 72G. So gotta try and fix him too. I am tired and want to :hide:.

my situation turned into an operation. Since I just cleaned out my 75 I was considering making it a larger discus tank. I had been telling my mom she needed a larger tank. Her bala sharks, silver dollars and leporinus are HUGE. So I'm in the middle of moving them over from the 55 to the 75, and I will take her 55 (now I have a 20H, a 10 and a 29 gallon to work with as well....tooooooo many tanks lol). The filter media was beyond disgusting. I've transferred all the gravel over after a good rinsing, now it's fill up time. The fish are in a sea of brown right now, but the end result will make them happier. Good thing I live next door :p

and to Autumnsky, hang in there! Believe me when I tell you I've had it happen all at once like that before :(

Thanks, i am hanging in there!!! But soooooo tired, :blink: lol

Nice thing about here, is that I am in good company when there's ups AND downs!!!

I know exactly how you feel seems like when one thing happens 10 more follows .. we have had lots of vehicle problems and job situations come up lately and i have looked to my tanks as a way to escape then problems with filters hit ... always something... it helps me to be able to read all the things going on here and knowing im not alone . Hope things get better

50% water change on the betta tank also added root tab and liquid fert. Topped off the 29, it's water change will have to wait till tomorrow.

Checked on the tank while grabbing some clothes this evening. Had to add about two inches if water. Apparently the dehumidifier is pulling the water from our tank. I hooked up the air stone to try to add water agitation and maybe keep the tank oxygenated.

It was a little warm today. Everyone seemed fine, and they enjoyed having their bubbles back.

I tested the water. Still no ammonia or nitrites. Nitrates appear to be less than 10 ppm, but it is hard to tell...

image-1423232756.jpg

50 % pwc on my bettas tank took his old filter off so i only have the one running, my hubby added Anubias to the coconut cave and it actually looks good!
My shipment of cherries came today the guy gave us extra some are soo tiny! They went in my elephant nose tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom