What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corydoras

Picked up some hybrid Corydoras about two years ago and they're still doing well in a heavily planted 55 G. They look like a cross between Adolph's Corys and Rust Corys. Larger than Pandas, but have similar markings as Pandas. The difference is, the vertical stripes on these hybrids is orange, not black. As I recall, the pet store owner called them "Orange Saddles", because one of markings is right under the dorsal fin.

Just changed out half the tank water, as I do every week.

B

Picked up a RAOK of really stunningly pretty cobalt and red endlers from a fellow SCAPE member today. They are in QT right now.

Pic from RAOKer's post on SCAPE

Attachments

• Endlers.jpg
    Endlers.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Wow those have amazing color!

Those are males, I only have 2 like that, and about 6 larger females and about 10-12 mixed (m/f) fry and juvies. Overall we got about 20 fish. I'm sure we'll have gravid females soon.

Those were in the previous owner's setup amd his pic.

I'll snap some pics after I initial QT, they are going I to their own, cycled, tank soon.

Yesterday, cleaned two filters from the 12G and 6.6G Edge tanks.

Day before found a dead Mystery Snail.

Trying to get everything cleaned up before I am away for 4 weeks. Very nervous but, hoping some preparation will make everything go smoothly.

I need to catch up in my additions! A bit ago I added a red tail loach and two African dwarf frogs, and more recently I've added 3 mollies (2 are lyre tail) and 3 tiny endlers.

I also have a couple feeder fish for the cycling process in my 20 gallon. (Early stages in prep for an axolotl).

Did a partial water change on my ten gallon. Found a mystery snail in there today. It is tiny! Must have come from the plant we added a few weeks ago. Started a fishless cycle on our new 20 gallon long yesterday. Waiting patiently for it to be ready to move everything over

Did a partial water change on my ten gallon. Found a mystery snail in there today. It is tiny! Must have come from the plant we added a few weeks ago. Started a fishless cycle on our new 20 gallon long yesterday. Waiting patiently for it to be ready to move everything over

You can jump start to instant cycle your new tank by moving some media from your established tank to "seed" the new tank.

Just make sure you condition your water if you are using tap water to remove chlorine, etc. because chlorine can kill the beneficial bacteria in your seed media.

Good luck!

Staring at my tank, I see tiny little jumping things.

Its not a snail!

I wonder if it could be ghost shrimp fry=) There seems to be a lot of them. I hope they don't harm my tank.

I'm not sure that is it. =( They might be brine shrimp, but it's been at least 5 days since I put some in there. But they jump like fleas. Hmmm, if they survive, hopefully I can take a pic of them.

Two other critters come to mind:
Daphnia and Copepods
I doubt the brine shrimp would still be alive in FW after that many days.

How big are they?
★ They are tiny, like brine shrimp babies. I noticed it had a tail, and is oval shaped and white. But hops around so fast I have to stare at my tank to find them. They like hopping on my tank glass.

Two other critters come to mind:
Daphnia and Copepods
I doubt the brine shrimp would still be alive in FW after that many days.

★I will google those. I thought all my brine shrimp would have died too, thats why I am hoping its not harmful for my fish.

★ They are tiny, like brine shrimp babies. I noticed it had a tail, and is oval shaped and white. But hops around so fast I have to stare at my tank to find them. They like hopping on my tank glass.

If they're super small, they could be ich. It's hard to tell with out a picture.

To keep this thread on track I fed my tanks and my beat up yellow lab is doing better, but not 100% yet.

Back
Top Bottom