What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about your beta, and I apologize for my post, I posted in the wrong place. I feel awful whenever any of them die.

Sat on the floor and cried. A lot. I looked away for a minute and my favorite betta girl got too close to the hose, was sucked up and violently killed during a WC. My husband confirmed it for me and took care of her little body (I couldn't look after the fist glance -I havn't been able to see things die since our daughter passed a couple years ago). Killing my favorite betta girl was the worst. I couldn't look at her tank all day. Took the little man and we went on a long walk to work out the sadness.

:(
Very sad about your betta, and the larger tragedy you have had to deal with. I hope the pain gets easier to deal with as time passes :flowers:

Found a couple of great big plants at a lfs. Kleiner Bar Sword and a fluffy big Java Fern.

Went crazy at Petco sale. Found lots of plants, and a few inverts and some new female Bettas.

Got a Dumbo Ear Betta for 3.75.

Found a problem after putting in my Betta girls to the tank, the one in there was attacking the rest and after pulling him out figured it was a placket male. He has grown up a little since I got him so it is easier to see him.

So the other two females which disappeared were probably killed :nono: He is now in a small bowl and none too pleased about it. Going to take him back to the store unless my daughter wants him.

So tired from all the shopping for the tanks. Also found the Edge tank is still available, so maybe picking it up in the beginning of the week.

But happy!

Hit the lfs picked up three acan heads and a palm sized piece of montipora spongeode each for $40 and three nassarius snails, got home dipped and acclimated the corals moved the frag rack from right to left side of tank to minimize the amount of natural sunlight they get since my two year old can't leave the blinds alone and finished up with @ a 20% water change, tomorrow I'll probably play around with one or two of the other tanks

I wasn't home for long today but managed.
20g #1 25% water change that i am doing every three days, about to add meds which is why i'm doing more frequent WC. Took lots of photos.
20g #2 40% WC to clear up some tannins, added a second T8 for the plants. Took lpts of photos.
Neglected the WC due for the Comets in the 36g. Not keen to take pictures of the scape they destroyed.
All three tanks- Fed pellets and flake in morning peas for dinner.

Now i go to colour my water green. Mouth fungus is not clearing up on one Neon tetra. It reduces in size then breaks out again, i had a second one show up with it after treatment started and it died two days later. Another tetra had fungus on its side which is gone, still some tail damage but it is healing. I have no more filters cycled for an extra QT tank and my QT tank has 2 new Harlequin Rasboras QT'd for 2 weeks now. Supposedly 4 is the recommended time by others though right? I may move the HR's into the community and the infected Tetra out. I picked up 4 free NT's which were in an unfiltered overfed tank that had been abandoned when the owner changed jobs. I think that three of them had the fungus, 1 died and the first to show signs is still suffering. I don't want it to spread to healthy fish.

So far today, the only thing that I have done is turn on the light and give the fish there breakfast. :lol:

Fed fish. Got a new 10g yesterday because the zebra danios needed it. Starting to cycle it and justify more fish in it ;)

Fed all fish, then sat at a distance hoping to catch my electric blue rams laying there eggs and going into parent mode, as its the first time they will have breed. Have now realised they will more than likely do it while I'm either at work or sleeping. lol

Did a water change in the betta sorority, took the driftwood out, touch discoloration. Gonna soak it for another few weeks.

Plumbed two new atman ph2500 needlewheel pumps into the recirculating skimmer on my 150 build, the old pumps had been poorly modified by the previous owner and the old pumps and parts are no longer available so it got a little interesting but I think I got it knocked out

20 gallon long recharged my purigen and trying to figure out what all these little dots are and how to get rid of them I just did a 50% wc ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293401.642209.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293412.948764.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293426.223588.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393293434.965421.jpg

I added a half tale male betta to a new 3 gallon:) hope he likes it.

I'm definitely sure this 3 gallon looks bigger then my 5.5 gallon. So weird!

Shopping at the new LFS. I picked up.
- A medium sized bit of driftwood (bargain at $6). It will complete the scape in my Kuhli tank by adding a bit of extra height.
- 5 Red Cherry Shrimp. 3 look pregnant and i also spotted at least three babies in the bag with the adults :D Drip acclimation in progress.
- Frozen Brine shrimp for variety.
Not a bad 15 minutes shopping. The baby shrimp are incredibly cute. I hope the Kuhli don't hunt them.

Yesterday did a big WC on the comet tank and added a couple of fully grown Ramshorns from my breeding stock. I tried adding a younger one that was about half pea sized and my smaller Comet made a snack of it before it reached the sand. Annoyed me because it had an interesting shape to the shell that was different from the others.

Back
Top Bottom