What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub, rinsed the filters. Re arranged the tank again seems to have more room now :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A day of firsts:
I setup my first pressurized CO2 system: AquaTek Premium + Valken 24 oz Paintball tank.
ID2UFRZ.jpg

Going to my first fish auction: Potomac Valley Aquarium Society (PVAS)
I took everything out of the aquarium cabinet and put it into laundry basket; time to clean out the cabinet and reorganize the supplies and rework the wires, power strips, and timers.

Took delivery of two fish tanks i'm fish sitting for a week. 4 fantails in one and a Siamese fighter in the other. Fed the fighter his first frozen bloodworm ever and the fantails and fighter got peas for the first time as well.

My tanks- 25% water change on 2 x 20g, 50% on 35g.
Kuhli and shrimp tank- Fed frozen bloodworm and NLS sinking pellets.
Community 20g- Frozen bloodworms, freeze dried Australian blackworms, and a pleco algae wafer (now the home to about 50 juvenile ramshorn snails) and a couple of peas.
Comets- Vegetables only today, they're looking bloated. Some fresh picked lettuce in the morning and a big feed of frozen pea at night.

Big trim and replant on my community 20g, dosed ferts and checked the DIY CO2. I removed the Cabomba which was struggling and extended the groves of Ludwigia, Pennywort and Sunset Hygro to fill the space the Cabomba was in. My Ludwigia actually went from brown at the tips to red which is exciting for me. Potassium is now included in my dosing which might have been what tipped it from brown to red under my low light.

I seeded a bubble filter i'm going to use in a shrimp tank i'm setting up.I want to see loads of young shrimp and i don't think that will happen with Kuhli tank mates.

Did substrate clean and complete filter clean on 16G and 37G.

Angel still not better, not dead but not really any better, I can't see it recovering at this point so probably going to put it down. Might be able to talk to another fish keeper nearby and see if he has any possible hope once seen in person.

Soaking some little driftwood which are on 6" tiles and see what to do with them. They are dry as dust and wanted to float so I had to put rocks on the thin slate tiles to keep them down. Moving my Diamond tetras out of QT and into the 72G.

Waiting to see some Millenium Red Rainbows offered nearby. They are really pretty. Been trying to plan on my maybe upcoming simple shoestring budget build for SW, probably going to be the 37G tank but still thinking it over so maybe the 16G.

It has been a restless week in fish land for me, really feeling I need a change in the tanks, design and stocking. Lots of contemplation. Lots of trying to learn about SW.

Selling my 5G Marineland to a friends friend for $20. what I paid for it, so a free rental, probably...this week. Making connections can be tricky with difficult work schedules.

Drained the tank down to 2" of water and slid it to the right a couple of inches to make room for the new regulator and tank. Big water change. Watching the plants pearl.
Added 1/4 tsp of calcium montmorillonite clay to the shrimp tank and ~3/4 tsp to the planted tank. Hoping the calcium will help the decayed tips of the MTS shells and boost Ca+ for the plants. The stuff was cloudy at first but after a few hours the water became very clear.

Watched my pants pearl, dosed dry ferts. Cleaned the powerhead of some algae and admired the tank. Rescaped yesterday w/75% water change and really like it. Looks clean. Also planted some postegemon helferi I got from petsmart yesterday and I've already seen some new side shoots so everything's good right now.

Today I replaced my mag 12 running my refugium and skimmer and my mag 18 for the DT. with a SpeedWave 2640. Replaced my 3/4" SCWD with a 1" SCWD and split both outputs. Before I was pulling 260 watts now 55 watts! With a lot more water moving. Looking to save some on the power bill. Next I have 2 solar panels, 2 battery's and a inverter I plan to run my LEDs on.

Out with fluorescent, in with my new LED.

Current Satellite Freshwater LED+

My fish seemed to appreciate the softer 'cloud cover' setting and it was fun to watch the 'lightning storm' effect.

All the fish were looking up toward the light. Lol. Pretty fun! Gotta love new toys!

Attachments

• 1396973611848.jpg
    1396973611848.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 62
Out with fluorescent, in with my new LED.

Current Satellite Freshwater LED+

My fish seemed to appreciate the softer 'cloud cover' setting and it was fun to watch the 'lightning storm' effect.

All the fish were looking up toward the light. Lol. Pretty fun! Gotta love new toys!

Keep us posted about this light, I am wanting one I think!

@autumnsky Absolutely! Here is the light on Amazon, it has amazing reviews.

Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light for Aquarium, 48 to 60-Inch by Current USA Amazon.com: Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light for Aquarium, 48 to 60-Inch: Pet Supplies

I have been waiting to get this light for about a year when I heard it was coming out. Then just couldn't coordinate the timing for buying, lol. Soon, I hope. :) It was between that and the Finnex.

did a real big one today
one of the biggest changes yet
phosphates went crazy no idea how as I don't over feed
but it don't help having a bad test kit

Did a 50% water change then Helped my dwarf Gourami with his nest in my treeImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397070072.093572.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397070087.560204.jpg

Pwc change on my African shrimp tank all nice and clean for my new shrimp arriving tomorrow :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom