What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved around my emersed tanks so I have room for the huge (300+ plants) plant order I have coming Monday lol

Taught my mom how to care for the fish while my sister and I will be gone for a month.

From my 20g Planted Tank Rescape thread...
Got some new plants today:
bXv3nPY.jpg

Pogostemon helferi (Downoi)
Pogostemon erectus
Rotala wallichii

Planted the Downoi along the left side, wallichii at the center left, and P. erectus at the center right:
3syGPK4.jpg

Did some trimming and rearranging to make room for the new plants. Never kept these before so my fingers are crossed.

Your tank is very beautifully scaped. Lovely color combos and textures.

The light for those seem to be my problem. I covet Pogostemon Helferi in luscious bundles, lol. Someday more light I guess (and glut). I am not up for co2. :flowers:

Your tank is very beautifully scaped. Lovely color combos and textures.

The light for those seem to be my problem. I covet Pogostemon Helferi in luscious bundles, lol. Someday more light I guess (and glut). I am not up for co2. :flowers:

Thank you so much! Last year my goal was to simply grow plants. I think I had a monoculture of broadleaf chain sword. With contributions from other AA members and a few purchases, I am trying to get some diversity in there. The pressurized CO2 has only been there 2 months. Took me forever to finally decide and get one . It was not that expensive and since I only run two tanks (the other is a very low maintenance shrimp tank) the overall expenses are pretty low. Plus, I have not purchased any new fish in 20 months (and counting).
The P helferi were grown emersed so I am hoping with enough CO2 and water movement that it will transition to its submerged form with no meltdown.

Thank you so much! Last year my goal was to simply grow plants. I think I had a monoculture of broadleaf chain sword. With contributions from other AA members and a few purchases, I am trying to get some diversity in there. The pressurized CO2 has only been there 2 months. Took me forever to finally decide and get one . It was not that expensive and since I only run two tanks (the other is a very low maintenance shrimp tank) the overall expenses are pretty low. Plus, I have not purchased any new fish in 20 months (and counting).
The P helferi were grown emersed so I am hoping with enough CO2 and water movement that it will transition to its submerged form with no meltdown.
I hope your pH and the stores are about the same. This stuff is trial and error and sometimes there are better results than others but it is awesome and I will drool over yours as it grows up. I have tried Downoi 3 times now in several tanks on the 3 occasions and it seems it just has to have more than I am offering atm. I got some to grow for a few months and was hopeful but then it just disappeared, lol.

I also love this plant Hygrophila pinnatifida You should grow it for me, lol. :brows: The leaves and colors are so amazing. Anyway keep up the great work!! It is fun to see the victories.

I hope your pH and the stores are about the same. This stuff is trial and error and sometimes there are better results than others but it is awesome and I will drool over yours as it grows up. I have tried Downoi 3 times now in several tanks on the 3 occasions and it seems it just has to have more than I am offering atm. I got some to grow for a few months and was hopeful but then it just disappeared, lol.

I also love this plant Hygrophila pinnatifida You should grow it for me, lol. :brows: The leaves and colors are so amazing. Anyway keep up the great work!! It is fun to see the victories.

Plants came from Aquarium Plants Central. They actually gave me twice the amount of Pogostemon erectus and Rotala wallichii. I have no room for the extra plants so I might setup my grow out tank (it's a 24" 6.6g tank with a pair of CFLs) or put them outside in my pond. Not sure yet. For now the extra plants are just floating in the planted tank.
The Hygro looks nice. If I had the room in my planted tank I would do that!

Plants came from Aquarium Plants Central. They actually gave me twice the amount of Pogostemon erectus and Rotala wallichii. I have no room for the extra plants so I might setup my grow out tank (it's a 24" 6.6g tank with a pair of CFLs) or put them outside in my pond. Not sure yet. For now the extra plants are just floating in the planted tank.
The Hygro looks nice. If I had the room in my planted tank I would do that!

That was nice of them. :)

Fed all tanks, and the new guys. Algae scrubbed on a couple 10 gallon tanks. Took some cobamba out of my 10 gal Betta tank and put them in my new tank. Fed new RCS babies and baby mystery snails. Still more to do, but I worked today and every will be fine till tomorrow(; I am exhausted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rescaped my 20. Removed some of the floramax and put sand in. There's a circle of floramax and the sand is on the sides. Added rocks that I found outside, but I will need more in the morning. I'll post pics when it clears up.
I have a 10g full of extra plants from a free bag I got earlier this week. I should find something to do with them.
Added some type of sword to my African tank.
Also created a way to save space with hob filters! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402804435.243529.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402804394.545381.jpg

So yesterday I tested all the water in the 72G and also did pH tests on about 5 tanks, tested the SW and had to do a pwc and added water to the 72G.

Ended up working on my day off so couldn't get the 72G all cleaned up, again. So I will try again in the next couple days. In the morning I plan to do a pwc if nothing else.

I took the SW Ricordea and put it into a dish and set it onto a stone so hopefully it will attach itself. Then I can move it easily.

Added water to 6 tanks from evap.

Been working on some leads for a new tank for my daughter, and a new Fluval Edge tank.

Last night I had a fish act a lil crazy and she cut her side on an outflow tube. She jammed her head inside the tube 2x.

After looking at it a little closer I think she thought there was some food inside it, it was the edge of some fabric which was being used to lower the flow, dangling like a worm :facepalm:

Pwc on my giant African shrimp tank no more deaths things seem settled at the moment. My biggest shrimp had molted it looks huge! 1402932921492.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I took pictures :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1403001393398.jpg
    1403001393398.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 1403001409104.jpg
    1403001409104.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 1403001426938.jpg
    1403001426938.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 1403001447106.jpg
    1403001447106.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 66
Autumnsky, that's a beautiful setup.

I'm currently finishing up my 90 gallon deep in wall saltwater tank. Hope to have it start cycling by the end of this weekend.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403018955.100629.jpg

Ok this isn't a accomplishment it's a big fail !!!!!

cleaning out my hob overflow forgot to shut off the sump and auto fill
pulled off the siphon inlet not thinking and just flooded my living room the main tank overflowed lost about 20 gal what a mess
now I know why they say shut off the sump first Duhhhhhhhhh :facepalm::blink:

60 % clean on my elephant nose tank and while I was emptying out my bucket i managed to pour it all over my work top's and floor. So I have to go and clean that up too :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom