What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cleaned my new 75gal tube tank.
Did a water change on my 125 cichlid tank.
trimmed the plants on my 20gal.....

I'm le tired

50% water change on the 55g, a whole batch of water testing, the 10g is still cycled, but not consuming enough ammonia yet.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lots of WCs...entry from my 20g Planted Rescape thread:
Today I just nearly gassed out my fish. Got home from work, noticed that the bubble counter was running a little more than 2-3 per sec (I'm doing pressurized) and adjusted the fine adjustment knob a bit and made dinner. Afterwards, I was about to do the weekly WC and noticed the ceramic diffuser was more like an over zealous airstone and the fish were at the top gasping. Did a bunch of smaller WCs (wanted to keep the HOBs running the entire time). Readjusted the output to a true 1 bps and watched it for a while. Fish are fine now. But it must have been bad because the larger MTS were withdrawn into their shells.
I am using a 24 oz paintball tank that was filled at the beginning of April. Total pressure read 1000 psi. This week (11 weeks in) I just noticed that it was between 700-750 psi. This type of behavior was mentioned on another thread (psi would hold steady and then do a rapid drop prior to emptying out). I have also heard of CO2 cylinders gassing out towards the end. Looks like it is starting to run out. Will get it filled in a few days.
Glad I was home when this happened.

Moved three X-ray pristellas from QT to join 6 in my DT. Trimmed my rapidly growing Bacopa australis. Then I watched my mystery snail chow down on an amazon sword leaf with fuzz algae. It was amazing. He was like a really powerful algae vacuum cleaner and very enthusiastic.

Nice yeah snails are so cool when they do that. While watching my tank today I noticed that there are tons of MTS but not all that many ramshorns and pond snails...could the MTS be eating their eggs? Or is it most likely the guppies?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice yeah snails are so cool when they do that. While watching my tank today I noticed that there are tons of MTS but not all that many ramshorns and pond snails...could the MTS be eating their eggs? Or is it most likely the guppies?

Can't say, but they are probably all competing for the same food.

Right now I'd like some more pond snails, but it seems like even though there are eggs the population is dwindling. Maybe my mystery snail is sucking up all the food.

I forgot to mention first thing this morning a cory was wrestling a pond snail out of its shell. I assume it was already dead, but the cory was really going at it. I had never seen that before!

late last night I was pleasantly surprised to see my White Crayfish and my Spotted Rafael Cat which I hadn't seen in 2 weeks and figured they were dead, though I hadn't seen any skeletons.

My Yellow Montipora (SW) is only 1/2 dead, so there is hope there too.

I am moving a new table to the section where I have the 12G Edge and the 5G Chi and the SW Macroalgae vase, so I cleaned out the area and only the tanks are there and waiting to be moved later Tuesday when I get it moved into the house. Found an old taller gooseneck desk lamp in storage and hooked it up so it could reach better now that the SW is taller with the column tank, for the Chaeto.

I will be very happy when I get the 3 tanks condensed into one, the 16G, the 35G into the 72G and a new home for either the 1 male Betta or the 3 Female Bettas so I can further reduce the # of tanks.

Have to call the lfs and see if the order of Cardinals came in yet or is scheduled. It was going to be Cardinals for appx $1. each so I was going to get appx 25-35 depending on how they were looking. Also depending on the requirement for the store to make a large order of them as well as other fish. They weren't sure when it would be, already been waiting 2 weeks.

Ayi wow that's crazy! Glad he's still alive!

Lol AquaKai babies can be a blessing and a curse ;)

Fed the fish this morning and the fry a few times, hoping to get some more Hikari first bites and java moss tomorrow.

redid my 40gal with sand and all new everything pretty much.
put my 16 baby mollys in it.
fixed my aquaclear filter which was nice.
did water change on my betta tank and my 125gal.

im tired.

Just watched them for a few minutes.

One of my Angel fish is protecting a corner (like it is egg time), and I hadn't noticed a pair up, but maybe I have been too busy.

Filled evaporation early in the morning on all the tanks. Got the cabinet for the tanks by the entry way, to the house but not set up yet. Darn does work ever get in the way!

Moved my tank to the stand I built. I'll probably move the rest of my room around, which includes two other tanks.

Picked up a black knifetail fish yesterday and some more neons.
Cleaned my 75gal sump and cleaned the 125gal again.... My pleco is beyond dirty.

Finished off the first bites, opened the new one and spilled it a little into the tank, oh well the fish will eat it :p

Lots of WCs...entry from my 20g Planted Rescape thread:
Today I just nearly gassed out my fish. Got home from work, noticed that the bubble counter was running a little more than 2-3 per sec (I'm doing pressurized) and adjusted the fine adjustment knob a bit and made dinner. Afterwards, I was about to do the weekly WC and noticed the ceramic diffuser was more like an over zealous airstone and the fish were at the top gasping. Did a bunch of smaller WCs (wanted to keep the HOBs running the entire time). Readjusted the output to a true 1 bps and watched it for a while. Fish are fine now. But it must have been bad because the larger MTS were withdrawn into their shells.
I am using a 24 oz paintball tank that was filled at the beginning of April. Total pressure read 1000 psi. This week (11 weeks in) I just noticed that it was between 700-750 psi. This type of behavior was mentioned on another thread (psi would hold steady and then do a rapid drop prior to emptying out). I have also heard of CO2 cylinders gassing out towards the end. Looks like it is starting to run out. Will get it filled in a few days.
Glad I was home when this happened.

Glad you caught it!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did my weekly water change, and vacuumed some of the gravel. I rinsed off my filter media in the water. My AC30 is only a week and half old so I still have my filter from my old Whisper EX 30 in there folds over. I cut the Whisper filter in half and left part of it in the AC30. I also rinsed the new bag of biomax (size for the AC50) and added it. I hope to one day use the small bag that came with my filter to seed my future tank.

I did lose one of my shrimp today. I came home to find her dead. I am not sure how long shrimp live but I have had her since I first started keeping ghost shrimp. She has had many batches of eggs, but I have never seen fry. I am down to two now. Think I will pick up a third up next week.

Well there is cleaning going on by one of my larger mature Koi Angels, but still can't figure out who, or if there is a pairing.

They all are growing so much and look so majestic swimming in the tank.

Day before got the 12G Edge and the 5G Chi, and SW Macro Algae Vase slid over to the new cabinet which looks great.

Filled evap on the SW Column tank. Today doing pwc on 12G, 5G and 6.6G tanks before I run off to work.

Found out that the person who wants the male Betta, would like the 2.5G tank instead of the 5G, so that works well because the 3 girls can go back into the 5G or a bigger sorority when they find their new home.

Have still been too busy to move over everything in the big 72G tank and complete the whole tank clean out. :/ I might just do it section by section, maybe 3 rounds, in 1/3rds and not actually take out all the fish, they seem to be pretty happy in there right now.

Some of the moss which was attached to the DW pieces is slowly coming back. There are only 2 big Java Ferns left in there right now. Almost everything else except the Swords sustained serious damage, they are all still in the 35G with the 3 Betta girls. Plants which remain are trying a little to come back to life enough to warrant actually planting them, looks so sad. I am still shocked when I see the tank and no actual planted plants (in the 72G). Just lots of DW and those 2 Java Ferns... :(

Hoping to catch up on everything this next week, but very busy at work too.

Back
Top Bottom