Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #3671
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Molliwopp, how many lemons did you get? I have seven X-ray pristellas that I got 1.5 weeks ago. Both are really beautiful tetras.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #3672
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today I redosed ammonia in my SW (yay!), vacuumed my substrates in all the tanks, messed with the scaping of my LR and did a PWC on my 3g and 2g

Old 06-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #3673
Aquarium Advice Addict

Made my Saturday yard sale sweep around town and scored big time. 29g, stand, couple new boxes of filter inserts and odds and ends all for $10! Other than having calcium buildup, the tank looks brand new, the seals are perfect. No hood, light,heater or filter but the price was right.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #3674
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Found an apple snail dead stuck in my filter intake, my loaches ate well today. It was crazy his entire body was out of the shell. So did a pwc to make sure no spike in ammonia. This is the 3rd I've lost like this any ideas how to avoid this?
Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #3675
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my bettas tank, rinsed my filters. Fed him live brine shrimp he's one happy betta!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #3676
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post
Found an apple snail dead stuck in my filter intake, my loaches ate well today. It was crazy his entire body was out of the shell. So did a pwc to make sure no spike in ammonia. This is the 3rd I've lost like this any ideas how to avoid this?
Sorry to hear this. But the silver lining is that it didn't go to waste. If it was just the 1 snail, then it could've been sick. But loosing 3 the same way is strange.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #3677
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post

Sorry to hear this. But the silver lining is that it didn't go to waste. If it was just the 1 snail, then it could've been sick. But loosing 3 the same way is strange.
Exactly they are happy and full. It's just funny they are fine for months I usually only have one at a time then one morning I find them attached to the filter covered in algae
Old 06-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #3678
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryluv View Post
Molliwopp, how many lemons did you get? I have seven X-ray pristellas that I got 1.5 weeks ago. Both are really beautiful tetras.
I have 6 pristella and 6 lemon.

2 of my cardinal tetra developed neon tetra disease over a period of afew days, i got them with my lemons so only had them afew days... alittle scary for my other fish and had no choice but to put 2 of the cardinals to sleep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #3679
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Fed everybody and did a big water change on my betta fry tank.

Also, was browsing craigslist and found a 100gal meta frame for $350. With some extras. I'm dying inside. I would snap it up in a heartbeat if I had a place to put it, and wasn't already worried about finding a new place to live that will let me keep the tanks I already have. I wonder if my mom would let me store it in her house til I can set it up... It's not like there's anything in my old room right now...
Old 06-30-2013, 03:04 AM   #3680
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliwopp View Post
I have 6 pristella and 6 lemon.

2 of my cardinal tetra developed neon tetra disease over a period of afew days, i got them with my lemons so only had them afew days... alittle scary for my other fish and had no choice but to put 2 of the cardinals to sleep.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, sometimes the sad but better option is to cull to save the other fish. In the meantime enjoy your lemons and pristellas.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com