What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sold 2 good sized bags of dwarf water lettuce from the Endlers tank. Did a WC and trimmed some of the plants in the grow out tank. Boiled and scrubbed the rocks that arrived for the Spec. Ordered a group of furcatus for the 16g so plant work in that tank is at the top of my to do list.

Did 50% WC on all tanks. Cleaned scrubbed post pics tomorrow.
WC on:
Re-scaped 10 gal Mudskipper tank. Couldn't do the 20 gal saltwater didn't have any salt

Jim B from Tennessee

I would love to know what you keep in the tanks. Can you tell us.

Had a list made of each but app crashed so I'll just give pics for now since I've worked the last 16 hours and need some sleep.

150ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428419043.484282.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428419199.498685.jpg

90 ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428419169.228665.jpg

55 ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428419222.568629.jpg

36 ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428419251.222546.jpg

Jim B from Tennessee

Jim B your tank's are amazing! So gorgeous :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Jim B your tank's are amazing! So gorgeous :)

Thank you so much. It seems like the tanks we don't try at look the best. Our 55 was the first planted tank and went straight sand no fertilizer or co2 and it just took off and is substantial easier to care for than the 90 with fluorite . I think the main thing is water changes

Jim B from Tennessee

Thank you so much. It seems like the tanks we don't try at look the best. Our 55 was the first planted tank and went straight sand no fertilizer or co2 and it just took off and is substantial easier to care for than the 90 with fluorite . I think the main thing is water changes

Jim B from Tennessee

I want to know how you find the time to do maintenance on all these with a wife and a 16 hour shift... 60 hours a week and 4 tanks consumes all my time!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Jim B from Tennessee

I couldn't manage all those pwc! Lol 2 tank's are enough for me ;)

Your tanks look AMAZING!!!!! I would love to know what you keep in your tanks. And is that a feather fin squeaker syno catfish in the discus tank?

Did 50% WC on all tanks. Cleaned scrubbed post pics tomorrow.
WC on:
Re-scaped 10 gal Mudskipper tank. Couldn't do the 20 gal saltwater didn't have any salt

Jim B from Tennessee

Wow, I thought I have been busy!

Great tanks.

Funny pic the other night of the Urchin sucking the algae off of the suction cup on the thermometer that was floating loose, :lol:
60074-albums14227-picture68711.jpg

Nice clear tank and corals are opening up too.
60074-albums14227-picture68710.jpg

More poor quality pics coming soon! :rolleyes: of the killis and the baby Angel which is growing like a weed.

Wow, I thought I have been busy!

Great tanks.

Funny pic the other night of the Urchin sucking the algae off of the suction cup on the thermometer that was floating loose, :lol:
60074-albums14227-picture68711.jpg

Nice clear tank and corals are opening up too.
60074-albums14227-picture68710.jpg

More poor quality pics coming soon! :rolleyes: of the killis and the baby Angel which is growing like a weed.

That urchin is soo cool! What a great pic Autumn ;)
I think you've got the SW bug Lol your tank's are beautiful, but I think I'll just stick to FW much easier for me ?

Fed the vampire shrimp, they seem to be really enjoying the extra space, I haven't seen them as active before. Placed cucumber in the tank for my snails but my largest vampire decided she wanted it and has taken it off to her cave lol
Put the plant's back in my elephant nose tank AGAIN! he must've up rooted nearly all off them ?

Last edited:
Put the plant's back in my elephant nose tank AGAIN! he must've up rooted nearly all off them ?

Maybe use plant weights since he seems to up root them so much. Put the weight on the plant just under the substrate maybe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your tanks look AMAZING!!!!! I would love to know what you keep in your tanks. And is that a feather fin squeaker syno catfish in the discus tank?

Thank you Finntastic. Yes that is our 6 yr old feather fin

Jim B from Tennessee

I want to know how you find the time to do maintenance on all these with a wife and a 16 hour shift... 60 hours a week and 4 tanks consumes all my time!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It's not that bad any more. Now we use a 55 gal grey tubby with pond pump and 25 feet of 1 1/2 hose in the bath tub to fill. To drain we use a small pump and garden hose. To do all the tanks it takes about 1.5 hours and maybe about 30 mins extra throughout the week for small maintenance.

Jim B from Tennessee

What are you putting in the SW autumnsky? And some zoanthids, green star polyp, and pulsing exinia(I definitely spelled that wrong) would look great.

Those are amazing tanks! Keep up the great work!

Today: did top off on my 20 gallon, cleaned my invasive Java moss, picked out some Cory eggs a and put them in the baby tank. Then dosed with my liquid ferts. Replanted some cabomba.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom