What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Babysitting a Jacobfreibergi Peacock in hospital tank today. Guy seemed super healthy at the LFS and is now being very lethargic. Clamped fins and laying on the bottom. No signs of illness, hoping its just stress..

Planning to set up the 29g today, pics to come :)

Babysitting a Jacobfreibergi Peacock in hospital tank today. Guy seemed super healthy at the LFS and is now being very lethargic. Clamped fins and laying on the bottom. No signs of illness, hoping its just stress..

Planning to set up the 29g today, pics to come :)

Hope he keeps ok for you. Like you say it could be down to stress maybe keep your tank lights off?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Acclimated 2 mollies to saltwater from 4 pm yesterday until 6 am to day, dropped them in . They looked great in the tank until my snowflake eel noticed them. 14 hours to acclimate eel food... Won't be trying that again. It's weird because I have had him with a yellow damsel, coral banded shrimp, and my clean up crew for over 6 months and never seen him go after any of them and they're smaller then the mollies were

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That sucks! My wife wants us to get a Green Spotted Puffer and put with her Mollies and slowly acclimate together but she doesn't believe me that the gsp will have them as a snack

Broke down my 10g and am in the middle of transferring every thing to the 29g I got last week. Wife is gonna be mad :x It completely throws off the balance of the living room..

How's your 16 gallon doing Autumn? When I set my new tank up I put my new filter too close to the rim and got up to water spraying everywhere! ? hopefully yours isn't needing resealed.

Checked parameters on my shrimp tank and nitrate is now down to 5 ppm ?panic over.
My elephant nose decided not to eat again this morning, so I've decided to not feed him for a day and hopefully he'll be hungry tomorrow night.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

The lip/ edge on the inside of the rim of the tank was allowing water to run around the rim and catch where the wires touched (from the heater and other internal filter).

The water was catching and somehow wicking UP 1.5-2" over the rim and down the sides and down the wire to the floor. I put the wires into a little gap on the back plastic section of the glass aquarium top and now the wires don't touch the rim: and the floor and wires were nice and dry yesterday.

Weird...but I think that fixed the issue.

Learned about how to flush my canister filter correctly. I will try that then I don't have to open it every time. And can use that to do larger pwc too, yipee. I am headed to the hardware store to see if I can get a fitting to leave on permanently. I have 2 parts for the Python thing, one is an extension I think which would work length wise perfectly!

Mostly filled, substrate down
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429558564.287860.jpg

A little bit of plants and decor in there. Anubias Afzelii, Cryptocoryne Balansae, Java moss and a banana plant lol
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429558748.587809.jpg

Still very lackluster but I'm done with it for the day I think

Mostly filled, substrate down
View attachment 270509

A little bit of plants and decor in there. Anubias Afzelii, Cryptocoryne Balansae, Java moss and a banana plant lol
View attachment 270510

Still very lackluster but I'm done with it for the day I think

It's a good start! Do you have a build thread for it or just updating here?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I really don't know Caleb, haha. I may leave it alone and bare. I'd like to do a split substrate and a riser of some sort. We will see what time has in store because I fly by the seat of my pants usually and never plan anything haha

I really don't know Caleb, haha. I may leave it alone and bare. I'd like to do a split substrate and a riser of some sort. We will see what time has in store because I fly by the seat of my pants usually and never plan anything haha

I'm the same way. None of my tanks has had any more that 1 week of planning lol.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

My only plan with this 29 was to transfer the junk from the 10 haha. I need to build or buy a hood for it so I can put the light on and take off the clamp light

Thank you! He is a Twin Tail Half moon.I am kinda worried about my other Betta, he got nipped by a bloodfin tetra and now there is a rip in his tail. Should I move him to a 10 gallon that has a desk lamp as a light or leave him in the tank. I will post a picture later.

Back
Top Bottom