What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The rock is from the mountains and the river was hardly polluted (there were animals that were pollution non tolerant.) and I cleaned everything with hot water and a scrub brush.

Oh I didn't mean anything negative. My buddy lives in NC, we have a great Jayhawk vs Tarheel rivalry. I liked the tank and love them peacocks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Added my new 48-60" light to the 72G 48" bowfront tank.

I have a sick Marble Koi angel. Trying to treat but I think might be too late. Hoping it is just something with the one, the others look fine. Missed the Gary Lange Rainbowfish presentation due to family emergency so nothing to report there.

Yesterday I got 5 more exclamation rasboras which makes my school 13

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just witnessed bichir death roll! I'm growing out my Senegal a bit before he joins my new world tank. Right now he's in my 29g that has some zebra danios and dalmatian mollys. A few nights ago, after lights out I seen him hunt a sleeping danio and fail. Same scenario tonight, except it he didn't fail. He grabbed ahold of one of the Mollys that is the same size of himself, and they were flipping & rolling all across the tank. Jumped up and stopped him before any real damage was done. Guessing I need to adjust his feedings to be a little more frequent and larger portions lol

Jesse

Just witnessed bichir death roll! I'm growing out my Senegal a bit before he joins my new world tank. Right now he's in my 29g that has some zebra danios and dalmatian mollys. A few nights ago, after lights out I seen him hunt a sleeping danio and fail. Same scenario tonight, except it he didn't fail. He grabbed ahold of one of the Mollys that is the same size of himself, and they were flipping & rolling all across the tank. Jumped up and stopped him before any real damage was done. Guessing I need to adjust his feedings to be a little more frequent and larger portions lol

Jesse

I totally warned you!! Lol :D

Caleb

I totally warned you!! Lol :D

Caleb

Today I learned that Dojo loach is illegal in Oregon when I went to buy one, when I asked if they had any the lady looked at me like I was crazy. I had no clue!!!

Made me think of you Caleb!! Haha. I'm sad about this though.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

Haha its all gravy. The molly seems doesn't seem to be phased by the incident at all, although upon further inspection, a chunk of its dorsal fin is missing. The little bichir had a heck of a grip on it, I know that for sure! His head/mouth isn't big enough to swallow any of the fish, including the Danios, but I guess that's where the death roll comes into play

Jesse

Today I learned that Dojo loach is illegal in Oregon when I went to buy one, when I asked if they had any the lady looked at me like I was crazy. I had no clue!!!

Made me think of you Caleb!! Haha. I'm sad about this though.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

That's not fair! Dojo are considered invasive even though they won't breed in the home aquarium strangely.

Caleb

Carved out some of the background for my hex tank and it's going swimmingly! :fish2:

IioVesU.jpg

Spent most of the day trying to figure out how I'm going to move my family, myself, all our belongings, and 4 fully stocked tanks into a new house within 25 days >.<

Jesse

I know the feeling xD sini and i are hopefully moving soon as well. We have 7 tanks between us.. 8 including the 55 we're getting as a wedding gift along with our 16 month old son lol it'll be interesting for sure!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Spent most of the day trying to figure out how I'm going to move my family, myself, all our belongings, and 4 fully stocked tanks into a new house within 25 days >.<

Jesse

Oooo, I have a suggestion. When I moved I transferred most of the tank water in jugs and put a little in some coolers with the fish. (I only had one tank then) Having the tank water the same before and after you move is very important because the fish could get even more stressed and die if you don't keep the water the same.

I know the feeling xD sini and i are hopefully moving soon as well. We have 7 tanks between us.. 8 including the 55 we're getting as a wedding gift along with our 16 month old son lol it'll be interesting for sure!

Whoops, I forgot to say that the last quote includes you as well.

Oooo, I have a suggestion. When I moved I transferred most of the tank water in jugs and put a little in some coolers with the fish. (I only had one tank then) Having the tank water the same before and after you move is very important because the fish could get even more stressed and die if you don't keep the water the same.

That's a great idea! I never would have thought of using a cooler!

Back
Top Bottom