What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After losing my oldest pair of Banded Trochus last week (12/23, in fact) I got a water sample to my LFS for eval...

Nitrates & Nitrites were way high and Alk way low!

Had planned a couple of close-together 5g water changes today and Tuesday but made a significant alteration in my plans...

10g water change in the 29g with another 5g planned for Tuesday or Wednesday with a follow-up eval next weekend.

While filling up my quintet of 5g bladders with pre-mixed, I heard a pair of Mocha Chocolate Clownfish screaming, "TAKE US WITH YOU!" They're so tiny...how could I refuse?

And there was this Gorgonian...don't get me started!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 80
After losing my oldest pair of Banded Trochus last week (12/23, in fact) I got a water sample to my LFS for eval...

Nitrates & Nitrites were way high and Alk way low!

Had planned a couple of close-together 5g water changes today and Tuesday but made a significant alteration in my plans...

10g water change in the 29g with another 5g planned for Tuesday or Wednesday with a follow-up eval next weekend.

While filling up my quintet of 5g bladders with pre-mixed, I heard a pair of Mocha Chocolate Clownfish screaming, "TAKE US WITH YOU!" They're so tiny...how could I refuse?

And there was this Gorgonian...don't get me started!

Is your Christmas Wrasse still safe and sound?

Diggin the tank man!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Make that 6L×3D×2.5H and thats my dream tank

The 2.5H is a killer, especially cos my tank sits on a 90cm high cupboard so it's a bit under 6ft high when the tops on. Ive got a 4ft ladder I use so I can get to the bottom at the back and I can only do that when there's at least 90 ltrs less water in it (and I'm a little taller than 6ft), if a plant gets pulled out, it stays out till the next pwc.
Don't get me wrong, it looks great that little bit higher than your standard tank but it comes at a price

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bought an aqua lifter pump to setup my auto top off with!

Is your Christmas Wrasse still safe and sound?

Diggin the tank man!

Thanks!

Christmas Wrasse is in the 75g, safe and sound...

The 29g does look a bit clearer...though that could be perception and little more...hard to say.

The clowns look almost lost in their big home, even with the wrasse, rocks, and inverts sharing the space.

When you wanna strangle several goldfish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1451250406496.jpg
    1451250406496.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 1451250425207.jpg
    1451250425207.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 81
The 2.5H is a killer, especially cos my tank sits on a 90cm high cupboard so it's a bit under 6ft high when the tops on. Ive got a 4ft ladder I use so I can get to the bottom at the back and I can only do that when there's at least 90 ltrs less water in it (and I'm a little taller than 6ft), if a plant gets pulled out, it stays out till the next pwc.
Don't get me wrong, it looks great that little bit higher than your standard tank but it comes at a price

Haha. I totally know your pain. My tank is 36" H

My blue turquoise discus I acting strange, I need a little help trying to figure out why. He is really dark colored and hasn't really moved around all day. Sorry for all the particles, I had to replant some stuff bc the goldies dug it up

Attachments

• 1451251014900.jpg
    1451251014900.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 68
Bought a small pump, airstone and tubing for the 20L. Also bought two Fluval 50 to replace the current 30.

Then I'm going to try to put a couple plants I bought in, along with Flourish tabs.

If you have gravel, do you only need the tabs or would some of the Seachem chemicals help or be necessary?

Bought a small pump, airstone and tubing for the 20L. Also bought two Fluval 50 to replace the current 30.

Then I'm going to try to put a couple plants I bought in, along with Flourish tabs.

If you have gravel, do you only need the tabs or would some of the Seachem chemicals help or be necessary?

I use root tabs, and Flourish

My blue turquoise discus I acting strange, I need a little help trying to figure out why. He is really dark colored and hasn't really moved around all day. Sorry for all the particles, I had to replant some stuff bc the goldies dug it up

Oh that doesn't look good. Shoot popparyno a message or maybe start a thread. He is indeed distressed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

c2aa53f286964317e21d3cbeedbba115.jpg

Added 3 fish two of which the wife picked, Mickey Mouse platty, Dalmatian Molly, and another Sterbai Cory.

A bit of interior decorating, rearranging the smaller rocks and mounting the two small 'shrooms that just kept blowing around with the current.

Relocated one of the hard corals, the gorgonian, and a general rearrangement of the ground dwellers.

Repositioned the circulator so the gorgonian gets good current...

That's about all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom