What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I set up the hospital tank for a fish with an eye injury. No one told me how much more difficult it would be to catch a fish in a fully planted tank ha ha. Been trying to treat the eye injury with lots of water changes but every time it seemed to be healing up it would get all red and puffy around the eye again overnight. I think the fish is poking it on the spiderwood! So I moved him to the hospital tank with just a soft silk plant for cover. I think this will help but may use some epsom salts as well. I hope that once the injury is fully healed the fish will be less likely to re-injure it.

Got my new lights and skimmer. Waiting on other stuff. I think tomorrow I should get sand.

Fish suicide today. I found him dried up on top when I went to feed. How in the heck did he get out of that hole? Standard paper clip there to show the scale. IMG_8058.jpg

Have you forgotten the dress!?

Haha, already went back to review spelling on so many things, think faster than I keyboard that's for sure!! And seems I have some sticky keys that don't always work.

Local hobbyist came over to see the Swordfish Trio. Female had a spot on her head, I maybe bumped her or she banged her head on the lid. Treating that with some salt, and maybe some meds, check tomorrow evening. 100% new water for them. With StressCoat.

Added some media to the 72G in the tank where the out flow is, The 12 x 4" full bag of Matrix and Fluval rings then one API AmmoCarb bag full in the same size bag placed under the out flow until I get more Prime Tomorrow and do the canister clean out.

Doing an additional check on the water tonight.

So true! That last female fish which had been swimming all around the front of the tank looking for its friends for a couple hours, disappered instantly when I walked over to the tank to make another attempt that night before bed. :lol:

Two weekends ago I "harvested" ten adult platys from my 20-long and took them to the fish store. One of the females who remained behind still hides when I take the lid off the tank, certain that the "net monster" has come back. :eek:

Two weekends ago I "harvested" ten adult platys from my 20-long and took them to the fish store. One of the females who remained behind still hides when I take the lid off the tank, certain that the "net monster" has come back. :eek:

And somebody decided fish don't have a memory, yeah right!

So I found that Swordtail which bonked her head on the lid jumping pretty hard while I was lifting her out in the net, got a red spot on it so I added some salt.

Then after returning the fish I needed a better heater, so switched the heater then came back an hour later noticing I didn't put the lid on. Then found a female fish on the plastic bag :facepalm: put her in and she swam around. Those fish love to jump!

Changed co2 drop checker solution. Cleaned HOB sponge as it doing its job started kicking up the lid letting me know it was time to clean.

I've made a point of just dropping the net in the water when I'm not removing fish, like during feeding and adjusting plants.

And somebody decided fish don't have a memory, yeah right!

The most recent research points to goldfish having memories of at least 30 days. I think the short memory thing is a lie we told ourselves to justify the small bowl b

Got my koralia and sand today. Test kit tomorrow. So friday I probably order my rock.

Watched my wife move a coral frag right side up, had Chemo this morning

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about doing something like that at "harvest time": put the net in the water and leave it there for 20-30 minutes, so they get accustomed to it.

Then spring the trap... :bat:
Lol iv done that and been successful less than a handful of times lol fish are smart ?

Back
Top Bottom