Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-14-2014, 04:08 AM   #5851
Elephant nose Finatic!
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Then I found....................

Well I found some new Angelfish.

These pics are from the lfs and I got two striped ones and two koi ones. Not the light colored one he just got in the way!

Here are the pics




I got a new light bulb, they were 1/2 price along with the t-5 Zoo med light fixtures, changed my light bulb.

Did a clean out on my daughter's late Betta's tank. She finally decided not to get another fish.

Pwc on 37G.

Last night did pwc on 5G Chi tank.

Filled all the evaporation on all the tanks, of course fed.

Taking a break but need to do pwc on 16G and 12G
Nice angels! how's your other angels doing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________

__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:37 AM   #5852
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 7,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Nice angels! how's your other angels doing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thank you. The other 3 are doing alright, the Koi pair, I put into the 37G but had the heater go out so they were cool for about 3 days and they really cooled it, because 3 weeks still no spawn they were like clockwork every week before. Maybe they don't like their rocks I put in there. I might try a tile. Though at the moment they look like they are cleaning the clump of Leopard Val leaves that are floating (got knocked loose from their rock) hummmmmm...

Here they are from a previous poor quality pic.



The single Koi guy is hanging out in the 72G still, but I got the babies so maybe he could have a match later when they grow up.

We couldn't help myself and moved a few things around. Cleaned out the 5G Chi and rescaped it. Added a couple more cups of Eco Complete. It is cloudy now, also moved my 2 Baby Albino BN Plecos, from the Chi, to the 72G so they can find their friends. Moved the Cobalt Goby into the 12G Edge Blue Velvet tank.

It needed cleaning anyway, I had overfed in there. Put back the snails, Red Ramshorns and 2 Small Mystery snails from my babies, and my only one left White Cloud Mountain Minnow. His tank mate looks ill so I think if he doesn't get sick in the next 2.5 weeks I will drop him off at a friends so he can have some buddies to school with.

My ZooMed Flora Sun bulb really intensifies the colors of the fish in the tank!!!

I told my husband that I wanted to get a new 48" light fixture and how much $127-157 possibly, and he liked the $11 light bulb much better! Though after I got home I realized I had 2 bulbs in the garage, including the exact one I just purchased.

Electric company sent out someone to give a home inspection and give ideas to save money. He said that the fish tanks are using up about $45. per month, naw!
__________________

__________________

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:49 AM   #5853
Elephant nose Finatic!
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Thank you. The other 3 are doing alright, the Koi pair, I put into the 37G but had the heater go out so they were cool for about 3 days and they really cooled it, because 3 weeks still no spawn they were like clockwork every week before. Maybe they don't like their rocks I put in there. I might try a tile. Though at the moment they look like they are cleaning the clump of Leopard Val leaves that are floating (got knocked loose from their rock) hummmmmm...

Here they are from a previous poor quality pic.



The single Koi guy is hanging out in the 72G still, but I got the babies so maybe he could have a match later when they grow up.

We couldn't help myself and moved a few things around. Cleaned out the 5G Chi and rescaped it. Added a couple more cups of Eco Complete. It is cloudy now, also moved my 2 Baby Albino BN Plecos, from the Chi, to the 72G so they can find their friends. Moved the Cobalt Goby into the 12G Edge Blue Velvet tank.

It needed cleaning anyway, I had overfed in there. Put back the snails, Red Ramshorns and 2 Small Mystery snails from my babies, and my only one left White Cloud Mountain Minnow. His tank mate looks ill so I think if he doesn't get sick in the next 2.5 weeks I will drop him off at a friends so he can have some buddies to school with.

My ZooMed Flora Sun bulb really intensifies the colors of the fish in the tank!!!

I told my husband that I wanted to get a new 48" light fixture and how much $127-157 possibly, and he liked the $11 light bulb much better! Though after I got home I realized I had 2 bulbs in the garage, including the exact one I just purchased.

Electric company sent out someone to give a home inspection and give ideas to save money. He said that the fish tanks are using up about $45. per month, naw!
Hopefully they'll start to spawn again for you, you've been a busy lady! Don't think I could manage anymore tank's two is enough for me
Your fish tank's won't use that much electricity will they?
All the best Lesley

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #5854
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 7,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Hopefully they'll start to spawn again for you, you've been a busy lady! Don't think I could manage anymore tank's two is enough for me
Your fish tank's won't use that much electricity will they?
All the best Lesley

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I am still trying to cut back on tanks, lol!

They guy estimated the Watts for the heaters and I use the smallest ones possible for the tank size but enough to do the job, and 2 tanks don't even have heaters. So I don't think it is entirely accurate, plus, I don't know if he realized several are LED lights.
__________________

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:15 AM   #5855
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Ndefil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
I would put some in, i have them and like the look of them. By the way nice tank

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app


Thank you Shelly I love the tank. I also like they way they look too. Do they grow at all?
__________________
Ndefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #5856
Elephant nose Finatic!
 
shellyx's Avatar


 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: scotland
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndefil View Post
Thank you Shelly I love the tank. I also like they way they look too. Do they grow at all?
Yeah but they're very slow growers. Mine are actually pretty big now but it has taken them a while to get there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
__________________
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:54 PM   #5857
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator
 
Autumnsky's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Colorado, USA
Posts: 7,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Yeah but they're very slow growers. Mine are actually pretty big now but it has taken them a while to get there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Mine seemed to grow about a 1/4 inch diameter larger in about a year with occasional ferts. Which seemed pretty good considering how slow they are supposed to grow.

Today I found a lovely 4" Rainbow shark ($3.59 same price as the babies) and will be trying her out in my tank. I have been missing the amazing 7", old Red Tail Shark I used to have.

There was a $1 tetra sale at Pet_mart and got 5 Neons to go with the 3 left from adopting them, I wasn't going to but they look so lonely with the 3, though they hang out with the Cardinals sometimes.

I thought I only had one Red Cloud Mountain Minnow but his mate was have been in a deep sleep when I was looking for her and there she was today in the 16G, so I moved her over to the 5G Chi as well. They are palling around happily now!

The baby Angelfish are doing well, fed them and they seemed to be starving, but not really used to getting food from the top of the water.

Looking at some LED lights Current USA and a couple others...
__________________

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:01 AM   #5858
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Did water changes on my 10g natural tank. And took out a bunch of guppy grass. Looks a lot better. Turned on/off all tanks and fed all fish.

Also, I purchased 3 new balloon mollies for my 3.5g tank
__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:15 AM   #5859
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
sisterluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17
Watched my ADF claim the chimney of the treehouse as his own. He's hilarious. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389759338.886181.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  9.7 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389759354.448377.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  7.8 KB
__________________
sisterluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #5860
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
paul87's Avatar

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterluck View Post
Watched my ADF claim the chimney of the treehouse as his own. He's hilarious.
My girlfriend used to have an albino one. They are pretty fun to watch. Blind as a bat though. Ours always ran into the sides of the tank. Cool frog though!
__________________

__________________

paul87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.