Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-12-2015, 02:53 AM   #7541
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
50 % clean on my vampire shrimp tank and rinsed filter's. Attachment 266966
Molly (my son named her! ) decided to come out for a nose

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
Molly is a beautiful shrimp! Great color.

Well so much to share but not enough time to really go on and on like I usually do.

So here is the less frequent kinda long version of part of the happenings.

So there was some problems with a toxic Zoa in the SW tank a few days back. It killed several of my frags/ coral starts and I am really sad about it. Kinda made my hand numb (next time will have gloves on, dumb dumb). This was caused by a rock kinda, not even totally squishing one, maybe 2 polyps. So kind of surprised by the HUGE retaliation the tank received.

Trying to figure out which of the 4 types, think it is narrowed down to 2 possibilities, which is the killer Zoa.

Here is the pic of the pretty little killer, most likely the pretty green or the plain looking brownish one, under the brown with the bright green center.

Then will see if the local coral seller would like to keep it instead of me and give me something else.

SW is a sticky wicket. Stinging things, chemical warfare between groups, bristley sticking things, barbed things, biting things, palytoxin things, second deadliest toxin from nature so I have read.

Dog knocked over my hood for my 15G SW and broke the bulb, while I was doing an adjustment. Now will order the upgraded 20W bulbs instead for the other two fixtures.

Getting some good growth starting from my last batch of fert caps I put in.

Still struggling with the lighting color selection for my Current USA light fixture and additional strip. I think my extra bulb for the stock fixture was too old, was getting a bunch of brown algae where it was. I need to add in some more Mystery snails to clean it up.

Am finding that my recent addition Betta is a real beauty. The pic here is just a little of his glowing beauty which is starting to really shine.

ttfn!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #7542
Aquarium Advice Addict

I took the deicer off of the goldfish pump and started running the filter again! A couple of water changes and feeding will commence!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 03-13-2015, 02:46 AM   #7543
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Went out of town on Monday, got back home 4 hours ago. Still working on the tanks.

An order of bumblebee nerites arrived while I was gone, separated those to the tanks they belong in. I got a huge bunch of jungle vals from Aquabid, had my daughter float them in the 16g those those were trimmed and planted. And I have an order from Wet Spot due to arrive tomorrow so I got the tanks those fish are going in ready...busy day, I'll sleep well tonight.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:16 AM   #7544
Aquarium Advice Addict

Indoor Pond

Have been doing large, weekly water changes on all my tanks and so should everyone who cares about the health of their fish and plants. On, a brief note, I have been in the "Water keeping" hobby for quite a few years and always wanted a pond. I live in Colorado, so can only enjoy this type of thing a few months of the year. So, I thought why not bring the pond inside. I have very rough plans for a 330 gallon 10 foot long, 24 inch tall and 24 inch wide galvanized steel water trough tank set on cinder blocks and particle board in my basement. I have 6 larger tanks already and plan to transfer the contents of these to the trough. Will plant the area around the tank with house plants and whatever comes to mind. So, this is likely my last post for a while. Need to get started.

So, as Roy Rogers and Dale Evans said "Happy Trails".

B
Old 03-13-2015, 11:47 AM   #7545
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
Have been doing large, weekly water changes on all my tanks and so should everyone who cares about the health of their fish and plants. On, a brief note, I have been in the "Water keeping" hobby for quite a few years and always wanted a pond. I live in Colorado, so can only enjoy this type of thing a few months of the year. So, I thought why not bring the pond inside. I have very rough plans for a 330 gallon 10 foot long, 24 inch tall and 24 inch wide galvanized steel water trough tank set on cinder blocks and particle board in my basement. I have 6 larger tanks already and plan to transfer the contents of these to the trough. Will plant the area around the tank with house plants and whatever comes to mind. So, this is likely my last post for a while. Need to get started.

B

This sounds like an amazing project!! Would appreciate pics if you ever get the chance. Have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 03-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #7546
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
330 gallon 10 foot long, 24 inch tall and 24 inch wide galvanized steel water trough tank [indoor pond]... So, this is likely my last post for a while. Need to get started.

B
Sounds like fun, don't be a stranger and make sure you can give us a build thread and lot of pics!!!

Post here and link it so we can enjoy the process!

Well it was a bit like Christmas day for me!

Picked up the two really grown over (encrusted) frags of Mystic Sunset.

Then picked up my corals I had there being baby sat
A Green Polyp Leather,
A Duncan about 4 heads,
Teal trumpet 4 heads/trumpets or whatever they are called(could be green)

Then new decisions today;
Pinwheels zoas frag,
Pokerstar Montipora
Nice Rainbow Montipora
Red flame Calerpa Share some with the Urchin

Then went to the lfs and got some Feather and Grape Calerpa to feed the Urchin, plus SW and RO/DI water.

Whoop, whoop! will get pics, eventually.

Now pwc on SW tanks for sure and general light cleaning. Have to get everything acclimated.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #7547
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Went to the gym - ended up in the pet store

Bags of laterite clay arrived. lol - I was expecting more like gravel so not quite sure now what to do with it. Probably keep some for DIY substrate tabs and send rest on.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #7548
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank. Had to put most of his plant's back in he's constantly removing them, sick of seeing them floating!
Adding more ninja shrimp to my vampire tank I really like them

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #7549
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Went to the gym - ended up in the pet store
Funny how that ends up happening
Old 03-14-2015, 12:13 PM   #7550
Aquarium Advice Freak

Replacing some internal mechanical filters by internal sponge filters today...

Specialized in livebearers &
specific breeder of rare livebearers...
emeraldking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com