Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #8921
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish wrangler View Post
Thanks! They are awesome little fish!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
You're welcome!

I read that they often are hand fed/will let people hand feed them. Every time I see them at the pet store, they're so friendly and curious... I love them

Old 07-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #8922

POTM Champion

Quote:
Draining I still use a regular syphon into a garbage bin, but thats because salt+garden wouldn't be good.
If you do use the bins I high reccomend getting the wheels. Moving 25 gallons of water at a time without the wheels is not easy!

Duely noted, sir. Lol. That would be a pain in the donkey without the wheels.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 07-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #8923
Aquarium Advice Addict

We spent $50 on a 20g plastic trash barrel and a rolling thingy to put on the bottom.... it was getting tiresome with 5g buckets for our 20g for water changes...
Old 07-05-2015, 11:20 PM   #8924
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon14 View Post
You're welcome!

I read that they often are hand fed/will let people hand feed them. Every time I see them at the pet store, they're so friendly and curious... I love them
They where in a 'look down' tank and whenever someone would stand infront of the tank almost all the clowns would come up to the surface. Was so cute and hopefully mine will do that too!

Old 07-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #8925
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
They where in a 'look down' tank and whenever someone would stand infront of the tank almost all the clowns would come up to the surface. Was so cute and hopefully mine will do that too!

Awwwwhhhhhh <3 I really want some... so not ready for salt yet though and don't have the money either at the moment.

Soooo cute...

What size tank?

I want to have a salt water tank with some clownfish, a blenny (love those little cuties!), flame angel, a blue tang, and maybe a few other fish. I don't know if those are all compatible, but those are what we want at some point... obviously if we ever do do a salt water tank, we'll do our research on fish compatibility :P
Old 07-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #8926
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've got a feeling something is wrong with 40g community. All the fish except for the zebra Danios are hiding and I'm missing 2 cherry barbs and a blood fin tetra. I'm gonna do a large water change and move around the decor tomorrow and see if it helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 07-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #8927
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

Did a water change, trimmed a bunch of plants, moved around some plants including the carpet plants. Water is still hazy from scaping and the addition of montmorillonite clay (adds calcium for the MTS shells):
Edit: Filled the CO2 tank (24 oz PB)
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-06-2015, 08:53 PM   #8928
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

My clowns where looking pathetic so I gave them some pellets. It got my goby to come oht though so that was a plus.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:00 AM   #8929
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Found black spots on two of my ember tetras. Not sure what they are but I'm going to research. I suspect it's a fungal infection with I can easily treat. Wish me luck!

edit: I've been told they are probably just eating my black sand but their tails are turning black too...
Old 07-07-2015, 05:32 PM   #8930
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Went over all four sides of my tank with an algae scrubber. Took dead leaves off of plants.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com