What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mmmm...Malaysian wood stew! Boiled once already (coffee colored water)...doing it again. Picked these up at the LFS today. Destined for the shrimp tank.

image-155543363.jpg

Since I was last a regular here I've been working on combining my chaos nano and pico tanks into an aquarium impossibility, building my way up to my 150g fully planted Southeast Asian rainforest tributary. I'm finally down to 1 50g, 1 ornamental betta bowl, 1 fluval spec 5g and a 25g livebearer feeder breeder. Here are my stocklists-

Since I was last a regular here I've been working on combining my chaos nano and pico tanks into an aquarium impossibility, building my way up to my 150g fully planted Southeast Asian rainforest tributary. I'm finally down to 1 50g, 1 ornamental betta bowl, 1 fluval spec 5g and a 25g livebearer feeder breeder. Here are my stocklists-

Way to leave us all hanging! Lol! ;)

cleaned my filter for the first time in a couple months! It's working so much better now, it's hard to believe that I didn't bother cleaning it sooner!

I also got some Red BN plecos in so I acclimated them to their new home and am keeping an eye on them for the next few days

have to work on a large w/c on the 28 here soon...it decided to go through a mini-cycle and now I have the ugliest tank water I've ever seen in it!

I did a 45% pwc on my 35 gal hex. The rummies are looking great! I'm thinking I need 5 more neons, but I don't want to have to set up a QT tank. I'll do some work on my 55 this weekend. It's due for a pwc too! :)

cleaned my filter for the first time in a couple months! It's working so much better now, it's hard to believe that I didn't bother cleaning it sooner!

I also got some Red BN plecos in so I acclimated them to their new home and am keeping an eye on them for the next few days

have to work on a large w/c on the 28 here soon...it decided to go through a mini-cycle and now I have the ugliest tank water I've ever seen in it!

Red bnps?!? pictures please.

As I was saying, darn Android

50g- beastly warzone being built up to a 150g biotope
7 harlequin bora
6 diamond tetra
5 green tiger barb
3 clown loach
2 male betta
1 male red paradise gourami
1 male blue paradise gourami
1 female 3 spot gourami
1 female crowntail betta
1 female halfmoon betta

5g fluval spec- natural style planted
7 blushing xray tetra
6 red flame von rio tetra
5 oto cat
1 male elephant ear (dumbo) betta

25g breeder
5 male fancy guppy
5 female fancy guppy
2 male lyretail molly
3 female lyretail molly
2 mystery snail
3 dwarf chain loach
1 male fiddler crab

With that being said, today I swapped out my stage 1 spec filter and replaced charcoal insert with a zeo-carb insert and used original biofilter

I got an aquaclear 110 and have it set up and building up bb to be my chemical filtration/ surface current for my 150g on my 50g and started modifying my 1000g pond pump for aquaponic use with said 150g. Time to start the bottom layer of my SE Asian biotope- yay!!

Hey fresh! Wonder what kind of tea it would taste like. Maybe a little sugar & cream? LOL Earl Malaysian anyone?
Good luck, have fun! OS.

It was delish! So happy that this type of DW sinks after boiling. Added it to my soon-to-be shrimp tank. Lots of nooks and crannies; great hiding spots.
image-1435402516.jpg
I like the piece in the left corner but still deciding where to put the bigger piece. Once I decide where everything goes, I will be tying moss (flame and some other type) to them.

Got a few new plants, an Indian Water Sprite x 2, and three pointy banana, banana plants, young ones...

and the best!!!!!! Cryptocoryne, wendtii 'Florida Sunset', two tiny baby plants for $2.00 total!!!!!! They are about 1-1.5 inches with little tiny leaves about 5 and maybe 6-7, one leaf came off as it got stuck in the Banana plant's bananas.

They had some in a pot in another tank for 14.99, and then these two tiny ones with a metal ring on them, just sitting all lonely by themselves.

Cleaned and added new garnet sand to the 16G bowfront and it looks mysterious and fun! Didn't have time for pics. Have to get up in a few hours for a early shift at work. Booooo!

Shopped for Koi Angels again...pre shopped really. Trying to decide how mine are stacking up with the ones for sale. Mine are pretty darn nice in comparison to MOST.

There are some better... But I want to get a few more before my 4 get too much bigger. I am trying to learn how to sex them. I can only hope I will end up with two pair, the larger two and the smaller two. That would be great. But I think if I bought 4 - 6 more I could get a couple good breeding pairs for my mom!!! Happy Mother's Day, very soon!!!

As I was saying, darn Android

50g- beastly warzone being built up to a 150g biotope
7 harlequin bora
6 diamond tetra
5 green tiger barb
3 clown loach
2 male betta
1 male red paradise gourami
1 male blue paradise gourami
1 female 3 spot gourami
1 female crowntail betta
1 female halfmoon betta

5g fluval spec- natural style planted
7 blushing xray tetra
6 red flame von rio tetra
5 oto cat
1 male elephant ear (dumbo) betta

25g breeder
5 male fancy guppy
5 female fancy guppy
2 male lyretail molly
3 female lyretail molly
2 mystery snail
3 dwarf chain loach
1 male fiddler crab

With that being said, today I swapped out my stage 1 spec filter and replaced charcoal insert with a zeo-carb insert and used original biofilter

I got an aquaclear 110 and have it set up and building up bb to be my chemical filtration/ surface current for my 150g on my 50g and started modifying my 1000g pond pump for aquaponic use with said 150g. Time to start the bottom layer of my SE Asian biotope- yay!!

You're tanks sound really good ktomminello :)

50% pwc today after changing to a sand substrate over the weekend. Looking great :)

Nothing too exciting but my aquarium spend has been cut for a few weeks whilst we concentrate on some other things :bawl:

After over 5 hours battle I've upgraded the house of my fishy friends-- they live now in a beautiful 245 litres of Aquastyle 950T :D
(My old Aquastyle 850 is up for grabs should anyone in the UK be interested!)

I used the filters and gravel from the previous setting, so there shouldn't be any troubles, but I will keep an eye on the parameters over the next couple of weeks, you know, just in case ;)

Attachments

• image-2319738552.jpg
    image-2319738552.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 81
My paintball CO2 regulator from GLA arrived today, as well as my apistogramma cacatuoides trio! It's like christmas for my aquarium.

After over 5 hours battle I've upgraded the house of my fishy friends-- they live now in a beautiful 245 litres of Aquastyle 950T :D
(My old Aquastyle 850 is up for grabs should anyone in the UK be interested!)

I used the filters and gravel from the previous setting, so there shouldn't be any troubles, but I will keep an eye on the parameters over the next couple of weeks, you know, just in case ;)

The new setup looks very nice!

Watched tailless take some dominance in the tank!n.

image-3697118555.jpg

image-1894615119.jpg

And in the end, tailless won! My jack knows his dominance now. Lol

Back
Top Bottom